I PROMISE I'LL TAKE BETTER PICTURES TOMORROW. MY CAMERA IS DEAD NOW

Specs:
DC145
HSH, 1 Volume, 1 Tone; 5 way selector
Coil-split switch for Neck and Bridge, Phase switch (I'll explain later)
Alder Body
Maple w/ Neck-Through-Body construction
C-shaped neck, decently thick. Between an Ibanez and a Strat. Closer to a Strat neck
Clear Gloss finish
Clear Satin neck finish (slides along your hand, smoooooth)
Roughly 1/6" fancy-shmancy Flamed Koa Top
Floyd Rose (no locking nut, but Sperzel locking tuners)
Ebony Fretboard with 12 inch radius and white dot inlays
25" Scale Length
Flamed Koa Headstock
White Carvin logo
Chrome Hardware
$1500!!!!

Pictures! (I'm a terrible photographer, I warn you)

^used flash to really bring out the beautiful grain! (and fingerprints, SOOO sorry guys! )

Standard body picture

Back of guitar

Bad, uneven picture of the slick ebony fretboard

The pictures don't even BEGIN to do justice. You really have to see this in person. HAVE TO.

Playability:
WOW. Just wow. Everything's perfect. Made me a better player actually. Don't need to go further...

Tone Report:

Note that the tone is mostly maple, as it is a neck through.

Ahh, my love/hate relationship with the infamous Carvin-maple-neck-through-alder-body-ebony-fretboard tone. At first, I hated it. I didn't want to hate it, but I did. So bright, thin, and brittle sounding. EQ helped a bit, but the basic character of it was still there. What was I to do? As any genius of my caliber would, I came up with a plan. I slapped some 13s on there, dropped it to D standard, and bam! Instant thicker tone! Problem solved... mostly. Now my only problem is the less-than-adequate pickups. Not bad quality by any means, but counter-productive as they are voiced brightly, and thus not a good match for the basic tonal characteristics of the guitar. Overall, this is a very unique-sounding guitar. I'll go through the pickups one-by-one and give them a little description. By the way, the phase switch just makes the 2 and 4 positions sound incredibly thin. I'll be experimenting with that, definitely.

Neck: Actually sounds slightly harsh when clean. Not too bad though. Dirty, sounds pretty awesome. Has a compressed, middy Santana thing going on. May or may not replace with a less harsh sounding pickup

Neck/Middle: Best position on clean tone. Fairly chimey, but unique and not stratty. Sounds like Vai's clean tone a little. Dirty, once again, reminds me of Vai. The dirty tone sounds strikingly similar to the guitars on Blood and Tears. Brittle, but is a pure and sweet way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_x377Q4zW4

Middle: Meh, bright but boring and uninspiring. Not bad, but nothing special. Just a lame pickup; will be changing soon.

Bridge/Middle: Very bright, but not piercingly so. Good clean tone, but I never liked this or the bridge for cleans anyway. Dirty, sounds very bright but subtle.

Bridge: Bleh. Clean, sounds muddy and thin at the same time. Dirty, still sounds muddy and thin. There's just something about the attack that really bothers me. However, with proper amp tweakage, it can sound like a pretty decent lead pickup. I will be replacing this with a Breed or something similar.

All in all, the tone is TIGHT. Like, butthole tight. With the right pickups, this can be an amazing metal guitar or an 80s shred guitar equally so due to its tightness and brightness. I'm sure once I get some good Dimarzios in there, this guitar with blow my balls off. I'll keep you guys posted. I'll be getting a bridge pickup for my birthday very soon.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Jun 22, 2010,
Not really my type, but I'm glad your so happy.

Happy NGD, dude.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I know, it was over-exaggerated
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Nice guitar, but for the photos a tip: take the flash off, use macro on close-up, and hold it steady. Hard to get a sense of the axe while it's in motion. Otherwise dandy.
Not really my thing but It's good to see your so incredibly happy about it.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Love the grain!! HNDG
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
HNGD, but why'd you get an alder/maple guitar if you could've gotten a mahogany/mahogany guitar. I mean you complain about how bright it is when you could've customized it.

Unless this was bought used, but then I would've thought it would've been cheaper than $1500 if it were.
that's very nice indeed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that top is beautiful with the flash. on a great guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Very nice NGD but definitely not the best of all time, I've seen people go through Vigier, Suhr and Blackmachine NGDs, this one just doesn't match up

Looks good though, like it!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Very nice NGD but definitely not the best of all time, I've seen people go through Vigier, Suhr and Blackmachine NGDs, this one just doesn't match up

Looks good though, like it!

Oh come one, I was kidding
Quote by blackflag49

Hngd!!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
very cool

not the best though

i think that guy who bought jani liimatainen"s Ibanez LACS 7 string destroyer on sevenstring.org had the best
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore