Page 1 of 2
So, basicly if I screwed up and didnt get a ticket to the cinema, is there any way to watch it live on the net? Maybe someone will broadcast it ?
My local cinema is - uncharacteristically - broadcasting it live so I know it is. But I don't where, it's probably on google somewhere though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
im going and i have a spare ticket cause i won a pair, pisser is most of my friends are away to see coheed tonight BOLLOCKS!!

But its pretty awesome my local cineworld is showing it.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to go and see it in a cinema. The tickets are a rip-off, and you have to sit (sit!) in the dark for several hours, which obviously includes a live feed of set changes (I just shat myself in anticipation). What's worse is that you are forced to watch Anthrax, as if the pack of other has-beens wasn't bad enough.
it'll get released on DVD soon enough, and then there will be pirate copies on the net... you'll be able to see it, and without the massive fcuking around involved with set up and such.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
but i like messing with equipment its like its at a real live show... hey ! it is a real live show !
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

*Shredding* BREAKER BREAKER, IVE GOT A DEAD HOOKER, OVER*Shredding*
I'm going tonight...I don't really give a shit how boring some parts are...$20 is a boatload cheaper than what it would cost to fly to Bulgaria and I don't have that much cash.

Besides, I am going to see Slayer/Megadeth live in August, so this is like a warm-up.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
Quote by webbtje
I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to go and see it in a cinema. The tickets are a rip-off, and you have to sit (sit!) in the dark for several hours, which obviously includes a live feed of set changes (I just shat myself in anticipation). What's worse is that you are forced to watch Anthrax, as if the pack of other has-beens wasn't bad enough.

Or y'know... Don't go to it
Quote by DocArunas
You think they'll do a DVD ? Is there an official statement?

Just watched it. According to Lars, there will be a DVD. Also - there is a moment towards the end of the show that I never thought I'd see.

EDIT: Also, Anthrax kicked Megadeth's and slayer's asses even though Joey's voice isn't at all what it used to be.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by burnboy85
damn i went to the theater but they were having technical issues and we couldnt get the feed

Oh wow that sucks PM me and I'll tell you what moment I was talking about but it shouldn't be all that hard to guess.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
It was pretty awesome and there will apparently be a DVD of it released. Although how Slayer got to play ahead of Megadeth is something I will never understand.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Holy Katana
Wait, they were playing this in theaters? I might have wanted to watch it had I known.

There's an encore showing on thursday if you're in the US. It won't be live, but then again neither was the one I saw today.

EDIT: ^They didn't. The order was: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica. Metallica got an extra half hour or so, which I find unfair but I'm not exactly complaining.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
What's the big four?

The Big Four is Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer. They're the bands that are generally considered to be the greatest and most influential groups in thrash metal. Mentioning them is also an easy way to start a flame war.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Why google it when I'm in a thread about it? I don't even have to scour for answers, they just get replied to me!

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Why google it when I'm in a thread about it? I don't even have to scour for answers, they just get replied to me!

The broadcast is a concert featuring all four of them.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

All four of the considered most influential bands in metal did a show together and it was broadcasted live in movie theaters. That's what this thread is about SaintsofNowhere. Anywho, am I the only one who thinks it should be Testament instead of Anthrax in the Big Four?
Quote by 666WildChild666
Anywho, am I the only one who thinks it should be Testament instead of Anthrax in the Big Four?

You are no alone dude Testament>Anthrax
inb4 metallica>megadeth or something of that sort.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
inb4 metallica>megadeth or something of that sort.

WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!

I haven't seen you in forever!

EDIT: After doing a bit of research, I see that you've still been here. Why the hell haven't I seen you though, is unknown to me.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Last edited by Rojam at Jun 23, 2010,
Man... from what I'v seen on youtube the show was awsome.... all four bands playing Am i Evil... that was so epic .... I hope we get a DVD... or atleast a decent bootleg
there will be a live DVD it was confirmed at the end i remember lars going yeah we guys are filming the big 4 dvd and broadcasting this round the world.

I must admit Am I Evil?! could have made the world explode with the amount of win it contained.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by FrustratedRocka

EDIT: ^They didn't. The order was: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica. Metallica got an extra half hour or so, which I find unfair but I'm not exactly complaining.

I meant after, not before. In my defense it was very late when I posted that.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Just wathced the am i evil cover on youtube. Man that was epic. Dave and lars hugged each other
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
WTF are you all talking about?!!

ANTHRAX>>>>>Testament
And they wooped Megadeth and Slayer's arses last night! I just wish theyd had a longer set, 40 mins didnt really do them justice.

UG's PROG HEADS!!

Quote by PullTigerTail
What the hell's a gigawatt!?
I saw it in theater last night. It was awesome. The only bad thing was that the Megadeth's bass was much too quiet. I couldn't even hear the intro to Peace Sells.
Quote by myevilside
Just wathced the am i evil cover on youtube. Man that was epic. Dave and lars hugged each other

But where the hell was Slayer during it?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
But where the hell was Slayer during it?

That's what I thought when I saw it.

I saw it in theaters last night. It wasn't that great. Anthrax did a good job. I believed they should have got more time compared to the other bands. Megadeth playing was solid. Dave's voice was laughable at times. Slayer was horrid. And I didn't have much expectations for Metallica. They were meh. The Am I Evil? cover was pretty cool.

It was good, wasn't great imo.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Dave's voice was laughable at times.

QFT

Although for some reason I have a feeling he did it on purpose to amuse us. Either way they were my favorite out of the whole thing. Slayer sounded like they did no rehearsal at all and just went with it. Metallica was good but I really wish they would stop playing in half step standard and for James to go back to his old voice but oh well. Twas a great concert though and I throughly enjoyed it.
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Quote by DocArunas
You think they'll do a DVD ? Is there an official statement?

lars confired it at the end of the movie
so there is going to be one =D

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Im still so pissed that concert was a one time thing...and in Europe. Blah! lol
For those about to Rock, I salute you.
Quote by motox13ds
Im still so pissed that concert was a one time thing...and in Europe. Blah! lol

Its a mini-tour. They have multiple cities lined up for them to play in but they are all in Europe.
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Page 1 of 2