Hi! right now i've got tiny terror+2x12 cab. i think about buying flextone III plus. Is it a good idea? i play metal. Sometimes light stuff and satriani/vai music. I dont gig.
They still make those Line 6 Flextones?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
It certainly will be far more versatile.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Well, you might try boosting your TT first. Never tried that with a TT, but it's got plenty of gain already and a boost could be just enough to get it over the edge.

You could also just get a distortion pedal.

A Flextone will do metal on it's own very well, but getting a pedal will be a lot cheaper and might sound just as good.
Quote by Dream Floyd
They still make those Line 6 Flextones?

yerhp the flextone 3 is sold in a lot of places in the UK
the flextone can do metal but needs more gain than you think for the sustain needed for solos in terms of rhythm guitar its very good!
i think a boosted TT will probably do those leads sounds a lot nicer try boosting first i'd say
I was never a fan of the tiny terror. It was a muddy mess when I played it. I'd definitely choose the flextone over tone. My friend owns one. A really great, versatile amp.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal