Does anybody have any experience with the Laney LV300H? http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=lv300h

I'm looking for a new amp, and I don't have a lot of money but I don't want to purchase an amp that's cheap but also sounds bad. I want an amp for rehearsing in a band and perhaps future gigging.

I play Power Metal, NWOBHM, Thrash Metal and hard rock.

I just want to know about this amp or hear any suggestions of other cheap amps around the same price.
Last edited by Kämpfer at Jun 22, 2010,
I read this as "I'm looking for a new amp, and I don't have a lot of money but I want to purchase an amp that's cheap but also sounds bad" and i was like wtf.

Laney are pretty solid. But, as usual, your best bet is to go into a store and play it yourself.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
hey it is just a head it won't make sound by its self.
so you will also need a cab or am I dumb
Im not sure on the technical details but i dont think SS heads can be run without a cab plugged in either. So youd need a cab either way.

Ive played the LV combo and LX head before. Theyre both pretty mediocre oversized practice amps. The LV was nicer though. Nicer cleans, quite punchy. But the OD was pretty weak, tinny and shit.

Youd be better off with a roland cube 60, peavey vypyr 75, vox VT50, line 6 flextone III, jet city jca20h.
Quote by beckyjc

Youd be better off with a roland cube 60, peavey vypyr 75, vox VT50, line 6 flextone III, jet city jca20h.

This.

You can also look for stuff on the used market. A Peavey Classic 30 plus a OD/boost pedal would cover your styles nicely.
Okay guys, Yes I know I'll need a cab for sound.

I'm thinking about getting the Peavey Vypyr 120, but do you think that it would just be better and easier to go with the 75w?
The Vypyr 120 has a tube power-amp, the 75 is solid state. I have not tried the tube Vypyrs, but they're supposed to be a lot better than the solid state ones. Look at the Vypyr 60, it's tube like the 120.
For the cost of the valve vypyr you could get something like a laney gh50 which would be much better since the genres you play arent exactly at opposite ends of the scale, i dont think you need the versatility of a modeler.

Take a look at the Peavey 6505 112+ combo as well.
As well as the bugera 333s and 6260s.
^She's right (again).

I have a GH50L and I can say that it beats the 6505 and the Bugeras for the genres you play, except for thrash.

What's your budget exactly?
ah, thanks for the help guys (and girl?) but I'm short on money and won't be buying an amp for quite a while now, so sorry and thanks for the help