Hey all, are there any tuners out there that can be set to tune to different notes? as of now i've refrained from trying to play songs with a different tuning, i'm not good to the point that i can tune by ear and when i try to tune steps down etc. i always botch it. So are there tuners out there that can tune half a step, 1 step, 1 1/2 steps down, etc?

thanks in advance
Most tuners in general nowadays have this ability
Take a look at...

Boss Tuners TU series (I have a TU-2 that works great, though I really only keep in 440)
TC Electronic Polytune
Korg Pitchblack (I would assume this does)
Get a BOSS tu 2 or 3. They're amazingly accurate and built incredibly strong and can tune to almost anything.
Korg Pitchblack's really easy. It propably tunes any tuning you can ever use - that's because you just plug guitar in, pick a string and it shows the closest note your string's ringing atm. No need to change settings at all :p spose that's why it's called a chromatic tuner. Costs ~60euros though.

You can also download a program called APtuner for PC. Then just plug in your guitar and tune.
hmm, question, if i buy a korg pitchblack, and want to tune every string 1 1/2 steps down, what note should each string be? will they be able to do each string?
Quote by Metalcore Jero
Get a BOSS tu 2 or 3. They're amazingly accurate and built incredibly strong and can tune to almost anything.

Um. No. The Tu2 is accurate to +/- 3 cents, one of the least accurate popular pedal tuners. THE least accurate IMO.

Most (TU3, GFT, pitchblack, polytune) will be +/- 1 cent. Then you have the turbo tuner that is more accurate than you will ever need.

Check out the gft, it's the best for the money atm imo
Quote by Chac
hmm, question, if i buy a korg pitchblack, and want to tune every string 1 1/2 steps down, what note should each string be? will they be able to do each string?

D# G# C# F# B# D#
Quote by WtrPlyr
D# G# C# F# B# D#

thanks a lot

by the way, i forgot to ask, are any of the tuners mentioned able to tune acoustic guitars?
If your acoustic has a jack (a.k.a. can be played through an amp) then yes, but if that's not the case, you'd better get a simple clip-on tuner. They're cheaper and you just clip them on the headstock of your (acoustic, electric or bass) guitar and tune.
Get a Korg Rack tuner. You can tune a piano with it if you wanted to - and you can see it from the other side of the stage.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by WtrPlyr
If your acoustic has a jack (a.k.a. can be played through an amp) then yes, but if that's not the case, you'd better get a simple clip-on tuner. They're cheaper and you just clip them on the headstock of your (acoustic, electric or bass) guitar and tune.

are there any that fit my needs? like, can tune to any tone etc.

a korg rack tuner isn't available in holland
Last edited by Chac at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by WtrPlyr
D# G# C# F# B# D#

LOL @ B#
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
^Woops, should be Bb or A# I never learned A# so I was a bit confused and wanted to change it to Bb, but only did it partly
Quote by Chac
are there any that fit my needs? like, can tune to any tone etc.

http://www.thomann.de/nl/planet_waves_ct_10_headstock_tuner.htm
Quote by Chac
a korg rack tuner isn't available in holland

Then why do I have one?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
LOL @ B#

We want Wiggum!!!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone