Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a good, cheap guitar I could get for around £200. I am hopefully selling my Jackson JS30KV to a mate because I prefer sitting down while playing, and that guitar is awfully uncomfortable playing sitting down. I was thinking maybe a Epiphone Les Paul Special II (I know that's only about £120) or a Epiphone Les Paul 100. I play mostly rock, blues, and metal. I have a Squier Strat at the moment, and it's okay, I just want a change. Thanks. Peace
Last edited by VitaminX at Jun 22, 2010,
You should up your budget a bit if you've been playing for a while.
You'll want some better tones :]
Yeah dude maybe your right, it's just in the past month or so I have been getting back into electric guitar. I never actually stopped playing, I just didn't play much, so it's just something to get me going again I guess.
Not sure about in GBP, but a lot of Kramers sell for under $400 CDN on Musician's Friend, they're supposed to be really good, and the $400 Nite V I played was an amazing metal guitar IMO(I would've got it if it never had the FR on it).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
i was actually going to suggest a squier strat lol. maybe get some new pickups instead?
the problem is all of the lower end guitars all rate about the same. so yeah, maybe save up a bit more and go for something a little more pricey?

but if you dont want to do that, just go to your local music stores and try out all the guitars find one that is comfortable for you, and that you like the feel and the tone of.
I was just looking for a different shape to be honest bud. Does any one recommend an Epi LP Studio?
Alright. What price do people suggest I pay? Any suggestions for good guitars for the price range you guys are looking at?
Try a Vintage V100, that would probably be higher quality than the Epi, and I got mine new for 190 GBP.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Vintage VRS are also good guitars to have a look out,

24 fret,
good trem,
locking tuners,
questionable pickups,
good everthing else.

pretty too

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb