Hi I was looking to buy another electric guitar. I was thinking of buying a cheaper model and changing out the pickups to make it sound better. The price doesn't really matter yet, i'm still in the planning phase. I just want something with good craftsmanship something that feels smooth, cuz I hate the way the dirt cheap guitars they sell at guitar center feel. Also, I would like it to have 4 pots because I wanted to change them out for push/pulls when i change out the pickups.

I was thinking of an agile al-2000, how are those when it comes to playability?

(BTW i'm not picky yet about how it looks at this moment , but my favorite designs are either a nice lp style flame top or a something like the ibanez rg1570. I like them both...)
dont buy a cheap guitar and replace the pickups then expect to have a bad ass guitar. There are many factors that make a guitar good or bad. Pick something with a nice wood first and foremost. Electronics, tuners, bridges can all be replaced - but the wood is the foundation for your guitar. Think of it this way (if you are a skateboarder) - would you buy a deck made of plywood, and put on nice Independant trucks? Hell no...so dont do the same with a guitar.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
dont buy a cheap guitar and replace the pickups then expect to have a bad ass guitar. There are many factors that make a guitar good or bad. Pick something with a nice wood first and foremost. Electronics, tuners, bridges can all be replaced - but the wood is the foundation for your guitar. Think of it this way (if you are a skateboarder) - would you buy a deck made of plywood, and put on nice Independant trucks? Hell no...so dont do the same with a guitar.

i agree with you completely but I have to save some funds for the pickups too. That's why I'm asking what guitars are well made but still not super expensive
well if money isnt too much of an issue, then find a guitar with the pups you like. What pups were you looking at specifically?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
don't really know yet. thinking maybe seymour duncans. Looking for a neck pickup with nice mids, and a bridge that has good highs but still not thin-sounding