Searchbar'd didn't find what I wanted. Sorry if it has been asked.

Alright so I'm looked into buying a 7 string. I've noticed that there are several of both 27" and 25.5" 7s. I will most likely be tuning to Drop A. So what are the advantages of having the baritone scale rather than the standard 25.5"? Will the baritone scale be difficult to get used to playing or will it be a pretty natural change? Will the baritone have a much tighter feel and sound when playing or just i little bit of difference?
Quote by Demonhunter04
You are my hero nodurquack.
I personally dont see the use in baritone guitars, if you have a decent guitar you can drop down to A or B with the right strings and be fine. 7 would give you MANY more options in the end in my opinion

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm asking the difference in 7 string baritone scales and 7 string standard scales.
Quote by Demonhunter04
You are my hero nodurquack.
you're just going to get opinions here unfortunately.... the best way to determine whether you like it or not is by trying it out at a shop
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
ah gotcha - well, thats something you have to find out on your own by playing both really. If you have a shop that carries both, then go rock out for a while and see what feels the best for you.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
If you aren’t tuning down to G then the real advantage to the longer scale would be the extra sonic punch you’ll get from high tension. The crazy thick sound of downtuned metal isn’t just due to the tuning and gain, it’s also due to people using big fat strings under loads of tension; on a guitar set up like that you can feel your innards resonating with the guitar even played without an amp. And playing under all that tension is easier than you’d expect it to be when the guitar has extra-jumbo fret wire.
oh ya that too. 15-80 on my 28.625 scale baritone sounds nothing like 25 or 25.5 in B with any gauge strings. you'd have to run like 20-100 to get even close.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
My 27" has a floppy low B, and it's only a half step down. It's a 54 on the low end.

The increased length helps control the low B. That's where a 7 gets tricky really, keeping the B under control.

My high E was to tight for my liking, so my newest set is 8-60 on my 7 string, haven't put them on yet, but I'm hoping for some improvement.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I personally prefer 27" over 25.5"

Helps tighten up the low B a bit, and personally I like a little extra room in the high frets (although more would be better, I think 27" is the limit of my chord playing ability).

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man