I didn't see a Three Days Grace thread in Modern Rock, so I thought I should start one as they are pretty big in the modern rock world...

So tell me, do you like Three Days Grace or not? Why or why not? Try to be more specific than saying something like "No they suck" lol. Favourite Three Days Grace songs?
I had a phase where 3DG was all I listened to for about six months in 8th grade. I personally think there are better artists out there, but 'Home' is still a great song nonetheless, and while I have a problem with their lack of diversity & musical growth, they put on a hell of a live show when I saw them; I was standing in the back row of seats and I could still feel the heat from the pyrotechnics.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by EvilAngel93
I had a phase where 3DG was all I listened to for about six months in 8th grade. I personally think there are better artists out there, but 'Home' is still a great song nonetheless, and while I have a problem with their lack of diversity & musical growth, they put on a hell of a live show when I saw them; I was standing in the back row of seats and I could still feel the heat from the pyrotechnics.

Yeah I had the same sort of thing happen to me. lol. Well actually Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin at the same time for many months, but yeah. I agree that they haven't grown that much musically.. their new album is different, but once you get used to it it still feels like same old 3DG. Live show is awesome sauce however :P
Quote by Zach101
Yeah I had the same sort of thing happen to me. lol. Well actually Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin at the same time for many months, but yeah. I agree that they haven't grown that much musically.. their new album is different, but once you get used to it it still feels like same old 3DG. Live show is awesome sauce however :P

Same with me and half my friends in High School. Maybe it was because they toured together and sound pretty similar?
Quote by Shutout
Same with me and half my friends in High School. Maybe it was because they toured together and sound pretty similar?

Yeah that's likely it; they are both great live and they put on a great show so going to see them was pretty addicting lol.
I like TDG very-very much!!! They're great!!! ))))) Adam is one of the best frontmans
Have you seen their show in Palace?! It was amasing! ^_____^
I don't know. I kinda do, but they've never really done anything that stands out to me. But, I've pretty much only heard One X, so, I don't know. Outside of one x, I've heard Home and Everything about you. I like them okay... Do they have anything better?
Great show. got out of their style years ago. I did like the cd "Three Days Grace". Burn was a good way to start a cd.

newer stuff. sounds a little like pop music. haha
----------------------
good times

---------------------------

-- A.L.W.--

----------------------

when you just get tired of all the effects and riffs.

they are an awesome live performance!!! and although agreed theyre newer stuff is getting a little "pop"ish they still get play time on my ipod!!
whenever my job calls me i hear "i hate everything about you..." perect ringtone hahahah!!!
oh man ... i guess that says it all .... overplayed to a degree.... blahhh
and still love to play "never too late" on my acoustic
hmmff ....
not my fav but still pretty freakin awesome!
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Quote by M0lliP0Ps
they are an awesome live performance!!! and although agreed theyre newer stuff is getting a little "pop"ish they still get play time on my ipod!!
whenever my job calls me i hear "i hate everything about you..." perect ringtone hahahah!!!
oh man ... i guess that says it all .... overplayed to a degree.... blahhh
and still love to play "never too late" on my acoustic
hmmff ....
not my fav but still pretty freakin awesome!

yeah, you're right!)))
who knows what song Adam played acoustic Live in Palace?
Never To Late is one of my favorite songs))) lyrics is great *playing & singing Never Too Late*
Quote by Arabeska_Kate
yeah, you're right!)))
who knows what song Adam played acoustic Live in Palace?
Never To Late is one of my favorite songs))) lyrics is great *playing & singing Never Too Late*

I think he did a cover of Rooster by Alice in Chains.
Quote by dillon1022
I don't know. I kinda do, but they've never really done anything that stands out to me. But, I've pretty much only heard One X, so, I don't know. Outside of one x, I've heard Home and Everything about you. I like them okay... Do they have anything better?

Yeah they have some pretty cool stuff other than singles. One-X's "Its All Over" is pretty tight if you haven't heard it.
From their first CD "Three Days Grace" check out Overrated, Drown, Take Me Under, Wake Up.
From "Life Starts Now" check out Bitter Taste, Break, World So Cold, The Good Life, No More, Last to Know, Someone Who Cares, and Goin Down.

I know thats a lot but they are all great songs lol.
way too one dimensional and emo. First cd sounded ok but lyrically, once you heard one song you've heard them all.
Quote by kramer242
way too one dimensional and emo. First cd sounded ok but lyrically, once you heard one song you've heard them all.

Yeah its a common misconception that they're emo because of their one song "Pain" D:
All of their lyrics are so full of teenage angst. The guy has to be in his late 20's by now. They were cool for awhile when I was in 9th grade but now they are boring imo. This guy I know is obsessed with them and it's annoying.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
All of their lyrics are so full of teenage angst. The guy has to be in his late 20's by now. They were cool for awhile when I was in 9th grade but now they are boring imo. This guy I know is obsessed with them and it's annoying.

True enough lol. I believe he's 33 lol.
I really do NOT care for 3 Days Grace, bc they sound to generic. They just seem to bore me.
Quote by RockGuitar92

This is so true
I don't mind 3DG, but, I can only take so much of them. They do have a few songs that stand out from each album, "Drown" off of their first album being one of my personal favourites, however I still think most of it sounds really similar. It's cool that they still have their own distinct sound, unlike a lot of today's music. They're a band I wouldn't mind seeing, cos I've heard they're really good live.
Member of UG's LBGTQQ
Member of the Grammar Nazi's
PM Matticuss22 to join.

Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
yeah it's a pretty good live show, i saw them live with breaking benjamin and flyleaf back in february. first concert i'd ever been to. it was pretty sweet.
I've been with em since their first CD (which was their best, in my opinion). Love to see them with Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin to cap off a great modern hard rock concert, though. "Just Like You" and "Home" were their best on the first CD, "Time of Dying" was the best off of "One-X," and "The Good Life" is the best song off of their latest work. Unfortunately, while they did try to put solos in their last album (to surprising success), the album just wasn't that good overall.
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route