I'm trying to work on my singing voice. Mainly because I'm gonna need one if I want to be in my Hgh School's musical and if I want to sing lead for my band.

My friends in the music department at my school say I got a good voice, I just need to train it. So does anyone know a good site or link with free online video lessons?
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
I'm trying to work on my singing voice. Mainly because I'm gonna need one if I want to be in my Hgh School's musical and if I want to sing lead for my band.

My friends in the music department at my school say I got a good voice, I just need to train it. So does anyone know a good site or link with free online video lessons?

My thoughts....

http://thebelcantotechnique.now-here-this.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=30

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Alright...thanks for that link. Makes sense I guess. I'm sure I can get a friend of mine to listen to me an hour or so every few days.

But yeah, that really clears things up for me. I guess I'm jst trying to find a way to save myself having to pay someone to teahc me for only 30 minutes a week.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Honestly, if you can afford it definitely look into taking a few actual lessons. A vocal coach can correct your posture, tell you that you have horrible intonation, better explain how to breathe, etc. which are extremely important- especially for theater.

If you can't afford that look into joining your school's choir or asking for help from your friends in the theater department in addition to the online lessons instead of going about it on your own.

no.