Title says all... OR should i get a valveking, or something else? Recommendations are great, i dont have a budget cuz im not planning on buying for a few years

I want at least 2 channels
reverb (not a necessity i can just swipe the tank from an old solid state fender i have)
ALL TUBE- none of that hybrid crap
And yeah... thats about it
I play a lot of iron maiden, and damn near everything else from pink floyd to pantera to metallica to motley crue (alliteration... the one thing i learned this year in english)
the marshall will be the best out of those, you could also look at a blackstar series one, they're very versatile
Not planning on buying for a few years? Any decisions you make now on the matter won't hold for a few years. The Egnater would be better than the JVM, but in a few years time there will be something better suited than either of those two amps.
lmao this thread is hilarious. you might as well be asking what kind of rocket ship you want.

what is the point of this if you are not buying this for a few years? and what is the point of comparing a $2000+ JVM to a $1000 Egnater to a valveking are you serious? come on you don't even know what you want. lmao at throwing the valveking in with a jvm.

and you have a budget, there is no such thing as no budget. come on, you're 16, unless you have a trust fund that your guardian is willing to let you drain, where do you plan on getting the cash for a $2000+ amp? if you had the cash and could legitimately justify a $2000 amp, then you wouldn't even be looking at a valveking.

of what you listed though, the jvm.
Quote by rokket2005
Not planning on buying for a few years? Any decisions you make now on the matter won't hold for a few years. The Egnater would be better than the JVM, but in a few years time there will be something better suited than either of those two amps.
i don't necessarily agree. when something good comes out, it has longevity. a jcm800 is just as good for those styles now as it would've been in 1985. thats not to say that there won't be something better, but i mean marshall has been putting out amps trying to improve on the plexi for 40 years now and nothing really does that sound better than... well, a plexi.
Last edited by al112987 at Jun 22, 2010,
How does swiping a tank equal having reverb?

Quote by IronMaiden76
i dont have a budget cuz im not planning on buying for a few years
We'll have an answer in a few years. Please check back.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 22, 2010,
Quote by fly135
How does swiping a tank equal having reverb?

where was that picture of two practice combos stacked on top of each other with the distortion box hanging off of it?
^Well,, maybe I shouldn't have said better,, but there will be more options than the 3 amps ts asked about. Right now there are certainly better amps than the three he stated, even if he's looking around the 1k range. I didn't care for the jvm when I tried one, especially not for the 2200 price tag.
I second the Blackstar Series One
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by stykerwolf
The JVM has transistors in it >.>

oh god no:|

i prefer the JVM to many amps and it is very versatile it does kind of lack that classic marshall crunch a little but the high gain and cleans are really nice
and also something a little different as theres a lack of british voiced high gain amps
I had a JVM 205 h, now i have the engl fireball 100 and it smokes it! bottom end button kicks!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Last edited by ksmc at Jun 23, 2010,