Hi, I am going to buy a new guitar, and was wondering if anybody knows of any that can get that thrash metal sound like on the first Megadeth album and the song 'Fight Fire With Fire" by Metallica.

I would prefer it to have humbuckers in the neck and bridge, and a tremolo that would be able to do dive bombs and stuff without going out of tune.

I dont really care aboot the shape, as long as its not one of the Dime shapes

I dont want to have to pay much more then 1000 CAD, either

Thanks for the help
Last edited by iEatBabies666 at Jun 22, 2010,
Well, Dave Mustaine used a BC Rich Bich of some sort for Killing Is My Business, but they don't have tremolos on them, nor does the Gison Explorer James Hetfield used for Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets(he used a "piece of shit", to quote him, Cort V on Kill 'Em All, whose model I'm not too sure about). Maybe a Jackson Rhoads V, Kelly or King V might be up your alley? Scott Ian, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Dan Spitz all used Jacksons, and at some point I think Kirk Hammett used one too.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
Well, Dave Mustaine used a BC Rich Bich of some sort for Killing Is My Business, but they don't have tremolos on them, nor does the Gison Explorer James Hetfield used for Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets(he used a "piece of shit", to quote him, Cort V on Kill 'Em All, whose model I'm not too sure about). Maybe a Jackson Rhoads V, Kelly or King V might be up your alley? Scott Ian, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Dan Spitz all used Jacksons, and at some point I think Kirk Hammett used one too.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about getting an RR3, but the price (between 200-450) seemed a little odd, being that low. Plus I hear V's are aren't very versatile or comfortable to play sitting down. Anyone have experience with one?