So I've decided I'm going to start to learn violin. Is the brand/make important when it comes to violin? If so, what would you recommend? I'd like one that's pretty decent quality, so that way once I start getting better I wouldn't have to upgrade immediately. Since I'm just starting, I wouldn't want to buy anything really expensive, so I'd be willing to pay anything under $150-$200.

Thanks
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 22, 2010,
You do realize this is a guitar site.

I would check out ultimate-violin.com. Good luck.
Quote by mort1
know im in the wrong forum
im not stupid........... duh
if you havent notised there is alot of ignorant people here,,,,,,,
Quote by likesilverr
You do realize this is a guitar site.

I would check out ultimate-violin.com. Good luck.

You do you realize that people are capable of knowing more than 1 instrument.
Play the violin ItsOnlyGnr...play it forever.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

If you can't afford a Stradivarius, you can always get the Starovarius.
<.<
>.>
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
You do you realize that people are capable of knowing more than 1 instrument.

You do realize that this is the internetz, and it's serious business. You should be thanking me for the free bump.
Quote by mort1
And I don't recommend going the cheap route. Give someone a cheap guitar to learn on, and they will quit more times than someone with a good instrument.
Quote by mort1
Quote by rgrockr
<.<
>.>

PUNTASTIC
Idk anything about brands but you're better off getting lessons than trying to learn it yourself, so I hear.
Quote by rgrockr
<.<
>.>

HelloKitty-Strat-ivarius

>_>

<_<
Quote by likesilverr
And I don't recommend going the cheap route. Give someone a cheap guitar to learn on, and they will quit more times than someone with a good instrument.

why would you spend a shitload of money on something there's a 50/50 chance you'll stop doing?

get an affordable one to start and if you decide you wanna stick with it, spend the money on a nicer one.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Because playing a shitty guitar sucks - the tone, the frets, the tuners. If I start with a shitty guitar, I'm not going to like it for those reasons. It's like a $250 guitar - not an accurate representation of what cars are like.
Quote by mort1
Quote by likesilverr
Because playing a shitty guitar sucks - the tone, the frets, the tuners. If I start with a shitty guitar, I'm not going to like it for those reasons. It's like a $250 guitar - not an accurate representation of what cars are like.

i started on a $99 guitar and tbh, didn't realize that it was that bad, becuase i was a begginer.

after a while, when i realized i wanted to keep with it, i went out and spent decent money.

had i decided to quit, i only would have been out $99. if i bought a $600 guitar from the start, i'd have been out $600.
Quote by asator

^ eh, I would recommend buying a used instrument (better to get a quality instrument used than a shitty new one) and then if you decide to sell, sell it used for the same amount or a little less and you wouldn't be out much.
Quote by mort1
Quote by likesilverr
^ eh, I would recommend buying a used instrument (better to get a quality instrument used than a shitty new one)

this is actually probably the best route. affordable quality is always best
Quote by asator