Hey guys!

Soon I'll have a €200 surplus on my bank account, and I pretty much decided that I would devote that money to a new pedal or something to work on the tone of my gear. You can see what gear I have in my sig.

Now, I am a metalhead, and I want to have a big, crushing sound. I really, really dig Mark Tremonti's tone (from the band Alter Bridge, if you don't know him), I love how full and big it sounds.

What should/could I buy to make my tone have some more "oomph"? I've been looking at some overdrive pedals, and EQs. I'm also interesting in getting a noise gate... So much to choose! Thanks for helping me out =)
Yeah
MXR 10-band EQ. But if you go for a noise gate, an ISP Decimator.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I've been looking at the MXR EQ. Wouldn't it be more useful to get one of those rack EQs? Does it make a difference?

Also, how much tone suckage can you expect from a noisegate?
Yeah
MXR EQ in the loop can work wonders, I use a 6, don't really have a use for the extra knobs and the extra price of a 10 band. I also am a big fan of an od pedal in front of a high gain channel. If you can swing it try to get an od pedal and an eq pedal and you will be in metal heaven...or should I say hell?
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
Yeah that would be ideal I suppose, though my budget probably won't suffice... Unless I'd grt a very cheap OD pedal, such as the Bad Monkey OD. Anyone know whether that pedal is any good?

I'm really interested in getting the EQ... my HT-5 EQ is a bit lacking, haha
Yeah
bad monkey is alright how about looking used? definately full within budget then i think
I can only get it second hand for 40 euros, and if I were to buy it in a shop, it'd cost me.... 45 euros. o.0
Yeah