Hello,

New to the forum and I am looking for some advice. I am looking to get my first "real" electric after learning my first few cords on a catalogue guitar given to me by my brother.

Really like and heard good reports about PRS, but can't really justify the expense. After doing some research on the web, I have seen a couple of guitars I like. Both are second hand and similar price.

Cort M600 circa 2005 & a Hamer XT series honey sunburst. I have had a bit of a play of the Hamer and it feels & sounds really nice and more expensive than it actually is.

Can I ask for more experienced players opinion.

Many thanks.
Last edited by puddled at Jun 22, 2010,
how much money do you have to spend and what kind of music do you want to play? plus, do you have an amp yet?
I have a budget of about £200 - £250. I have an peavey modeling amp. I like playing classic rock - ACDC, Thin Lizzy, and some blues.
Well, I'm in Canada, but I think 200 pounds is around 300 CAD, and if thats true, I wouldnt get either a Cort or Hamer, and get a CERTIFIED knock off, and judging by what you like to play, I bet an Epiphone SG wouldnt be a bad choice, if you get it new. If you guys have Kijiji, check that for a deal, and if not, I'm sure you guys have some sort of classified ad type thing

Sorry if thats a bit rant-y
Quote by AICfreak
avoid where wesman is...unless you like surprise anal <_<......

just jks

no srsly....avoid.

Quote by the bartender
yea I was pretty shocked the when I shot my first one, but I kinda started to like the smell of freshly killed underage girls
Quote by iEatBabies666
Well, I'm in Canada, but I think 200 pounds is around 300 CAD, and if thats true, I wouldnt get either a Cort or Hamer, and get a CERTIFIED knock off, and judging by what you like to play, I bet an Epiphone SG wouldnt be a bad choice, if you get it new. If you guys have Kijiji, check that for a deal, and if not, I'm sure you guys have some sort of classified ad type thing

Sorry if thats a bit rant-y

Ooh, I wouldn't get an Epi SG, the pickups are horribly muddy, even for blues. I like the feel of Hamers for cheap guitars, but Corts aren't supposed to be TOO bad. A Squier Strat or Tele might be up your alley, maybe? Just don't get a Bullet Squier, they're supposed to be horrid.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
If you have a Wal Mart around you, they sell guitars for around 200 CAD called Rocker RG somethings and they are actually pretty good for the price, plus it includes a free amp and gig bag, strings and a tuner.

The Wal Mart Gods have been Appeased...
Quote by AICfreak
avoid where wesman is...unless you like surprise anal <_<......

just jks

no srsly....avoid.

Quote by the bartender
yea I was pretty shocked the when I shot my first one, but I kinda started to like the smell of freshly killed underage girls