so guys all I really want to know is how much does your set up cost and are you happy with it.

Answeres preferably in £ but I can convert anything
I can't answer your question in UK amounts but generally here it's about 1 hour for setup complete with new strings.
I'd actually recommend buying a good book on the subject and doing some research (even here on UG) and learning to do the basics yourself. Relief, action and intonation can be done with a minimum of tools and isn't all that hard to learn.
Moving on.....
around $40 USD.

and like said, the info is here on the site. look at the green link in my sig if you want.

you'll be happy with a setup if you tell the tech what you want.

they will give you default settings unless you tell them, your preferred
string gauge, action height, any fret issues.

and know that buzz that does not transmit thru the amp isnt generally
considered a problem by techs.
so always try a guitar at the shop prior to leaving.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by KenG
I can't answer your question in UK amounts but generally here it's about 1 hour for setup complete with new strings.
I'd actually recommend buying a good book on the subject and doing some research (even here on UG) and learning to do the basics yourself. Relief, action and intonation can be done with a minimum of tools and isn't all that hard to learn.

Yup, do that^. Plenty of info in the weeb. This ain't rocket science; it just takes some observation, care and basic principles of physics.
Quote by Razbo
Yup, do that^. Plenty of info in the weeb. This ain't rocket science; it just takes some observation, care and basic principles of physics.

Unless your guitar has a floating trem
Quote by kirky boy
my guitar does have a floating trem

It was merely a joke, though in my experience floating tremolos tend to be a pain to set up, so getting someone else to do it is usually a good idea.

My local guitar shop charges £30 for a set up plus £5 for strings which I think is reasonable, you will find that most places charge between £30 and £45.
is that for a full set up including tuners and electronics because I need a full out and out service
Quote by kirky boy
is that for a full set up including tuners and electronics because I need a full out and out service

It might cost a bit more if there's rewiring involved, but my advice would be to get quotes from a few different places and see who offers you the best deal.
damn man.. if i was there in your area (and im completly away from UK) i'd do a complete setup on a floating trem guitar including restringing/cleaning/polishing and whatnot for 40pounds (i dont know how to put on that mark) and could go into more monthly kind of setups (just intonation or minor issues) for 7-14 pounds