i can play an f bar chord but i can not without killing my wrist and pressing down as hard i can get a F7, fm, or fm7.

any tips
correct posture. if your knew to guitar then thats another good reason..try playing your guitar sitting on your left leg instead of your right leg...that should be close to the same as when you stand up and play..if its not then your strap is to long.

also i think this is more of the technique side of things..so this is really the wrong place for those kinda questions
There aren't really any tips to give. You simply have to keep at it until it becomes easy. It takes a while but eventually it will become second nature.

There is also an alternate way to play these chords which is worth learning (although by no means should you abandon the full barre chord)

An F barre can be played like this:
Thumb 1st fret low E string
Ring 3rd Fret D string
Middle 2nd fret of G string
Index 1st fret of B string, and if you want you can bar it over the 1st fret of the E string as well.

You'll notice that the A string isn't covered, but you can touch it with your ring finger to stop it from ringing out. Alternately you could just ignore the low E and A strings and play the chord on the top four strings only.

Fm is a little trickier

Thumb on the 1st of low E
Ring Finger on 3rd fret of D string
Index finger barred 1st fret of G B and E strings

Usually for this chord I'd just not bother with my thumb and only play the 4 high strings instead.

F7

Thumb on 1st of low E
Index barred across D, G, B, E
Ring or Middle (I use ring) 2nd fret G string

Fm7 Two ways of doing this I strongly recommend the second way

First
Thumb on 1st E string
Index barring 1st of DGBE

Second (it may seem weird, but it's actually better because it makes changing chords easier)

Middle finger 1st fret low E
Ring finger barred across 1st fret top four strings.
Quote by icronic
There aren't really any tips to give. You simply have to keep at it until it becomes easy. It takes a while but eventually it will become second nature.
This. As with many things, the longer you practice them the easier they will become.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Well, if the F is too difficult, you can build up strength elsewhere, like G barred.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.