Could I replace a Floyd Rose Original bridge with a Floyd Rose Licensed bridge?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
hell no!

Must I ask why you want to do this? That is almost like trading in your Gibby Les Paul Custom for an epiphone Les Paul special!
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Jun 22, 2010,
Umm... WHY!??!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you could. but why you'd want to is a bit beyond me.

thats a bit like doing this ->
i'm Ginger its fun
I don't know why you would. Anyways, to answer your question, some licensed ones will fit, and others won't. They are all different.

That being said, the OFR is superior to almost every licensed floyd, with the exception of some high end Ibanez ones.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
You can, but it would be bordering on the developmentally challenged end of the IQ scale.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
sounds like his broke and hes getting a cheap replacement? thats the only explanation i can think of lol
Depends on the bridge itself. A lot of licensed Floyds use different routes, so they wont fit in an OFR route, or there will be a big gap around the outside.
The only LFRs that would be worth swapping would be a Schaller, Gotoh, Ibanez Edge, LoPro or Edge Pro, and I dont think any of them fit in an OFR route. The Gotoh might, but I'm pretty sure the others wont.
EDIT: Ok, apparently the Edge and LoPro DO fit in the OFR route, which means the Edge Pro should too.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 22, 2010,
I recently bought a B Stock Epiphone Prophecy FX2 and it's got a Floyd on it...it was worth almost more than the price of the Bstock guitar. Guitar just had some sharp frets, but should I ever decide to sell it I could even strip out the original floyd and sell that for almost $200 :P (I paid $300 for the guitar, normally they are about $429 CDN)
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6