Just a bit of fun, the idea is that a poster comes up with 3 rules/restrictions and another person accepts it and posts a recording of their piece of music whenever they're finished. More than one person can accept a single posters challenge. Remember, it's not a contest. Post to say if you're taking one someones rule set and then post your own set if you want.

I thought about making this thread because I find it's too easy to slip into ones own comfort zone when making music but 3 rules from a complete stranger could offer a nice way to get yourself doing something you haven't done before.

You can do any style you want unless specified in the rules.

Here is my set should anyone choose to accept:
  • Must last about 2 minutes
  • Must contain one key modulation
  • Should have at least two bars of 13/8

Be more imagintive than me haha. Let's get this going!
sounds like a good idea. hopefully people will keep it going. it looks like you're going more for songwriting than recording though. i personally would be more interested if it was more about the recording side.
Quote by sandyman323
sounds like a good idea. hopefully people will keep it going. it looks like you're going more for songwriting than recording though. i personally would be more interested if it was more about the recording side.

I hear ya. I put it here because it would involve people having to record their songs otherwise the rest of us would never hear them. Maybe we could mix this thread so it involves songwriting and/or recording rules. Could you post some rules/restrictions on the recording side to get that going too?