Hello,

New to the forum and I am looking for some advice. I am looking to get my first "real" electric after learning my first few cords on a catalogue guitar given to me by my brother.

Really like and heard good reports about PRS, but can't really justify the expense. After doing some research on the web, I have seen a couple of guitars I like. Both are second hand and similar price.

Cort M600 circa 2005 & a Hamer XT series honey sunburst. I have had a bit of a play of the Hamer and it feels & sounds really nice and more expensive than it actually is.

Can I ask for more experienced players opinion.

Many thanks.
im assuming u dont have a big budget, so im gonna say PRS aint worth it... yet, in the mean time invest in a schecter or an agile, they're two companies with alot of guitar for not alot of money
Eh.
Hmmm you could always look at the PRS SE range by the way... much cheaper without the frilly bits.. ie locking machine heads, no bird inlays and different pickups but still a quality instrument and plays well.
Check out my fitness blog here
I have a budget of about £200 - £250. I have an peavey modeling amp. I like playing classic rock - ACDC, Thin Lizzy, and some blues.