OK, I seen an ESP Eclipse Gold Top w/ piezo pickup on ebay. And it had a maple Neck. And a buy it now of 1500 or something like that., but it was listed in China, and I am worried about the shipping from there. Not the price, but the fear of paying this price, just to get a guitar that has been reduced to "Toothpicks" by the time I recieve it. Now I know The Gibson Makes the Zakk Wylde Sig, and it has a maple neck( And so does the epi's) But here's the thing. I am looking for this spec setup ( Maple Neck, Mahogany Body, and Maple carved top) The Fretboard wood doesn't matter that much to me, but I am very dead-set on the neck being Maple. And I am choosing to stay away from the Zakk Wylde Sig's. I like the guitars, and he is a great guitarist, don't get me wrong on this, but I really don't prefer american epi's and I damn sure am not shelling out 5 grand for a Gibby. And I prefer Gold Tops, and don't really like his sig's paintjobs. I know there is a guitar company that makes a guitar with these spec's, but alas, I have not located it/them yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been searching CL and Ebay for months now, and have only found the one listed above.

One more thing. The guitar listed above had a piezo. I am just looking for a traditional goldtop but with a maple neck.
Gibson Raw Power does have a goldtop version I am pretty sure.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
you could look at the gibson raw powers i think they do a sort of lemon colour which will probably be the closest to a gold top you will find, alternativly you could look at This!
Bear in mind with the Raw Power that it isn't just the fretboard that is maple, the whole guitar is maple - back included, no mahogany on it at all. That means it weighs more, it sustains longer and it has a much, much brighter tone. Great if you really love all-maple guitars but they are very much an acquired taste, you'll definitely want to try it before you buy it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Is your budget around $1500? How about Carvin? You can make an LP with mapleneck/mahoganybody. Although I'm not sure if they have a goldtop finish or not. If they do, that might be a good option.
Problem solved?

STARMEDIT:
It seems not. I didn't see an option for maple neck mahogany body on the customization page.
Last edited by siverstorm at Jun 22, 2010,
Norlin era Gibsons starting from 1976 had maple necks. (norlin days were from 69 to 85)
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Last edited by learningplayer at Jun 22, 2010,
Quote by learningplayer
Norlin era Gibsons starting from 1976 had maple necks. (norlin days were from 69 to 85)

That sounds expensive...
Quote by siverstorm
Problem solved?

STARMEDIT:
It seems not. I didn't see an option for maple neck mahogany body on the customization page.

and thats y i reccomended the AL-2000 with a goldtop , i got ur back
Eh.
Quote by MrFlibble
Bear in mind with the Raw Power that it isn't just the fretboard that is maple, the whole guitar is maple - back included, no mahogany on it at all. That means it weighs more, it sustains longer and it has a much, much brighter tone. Great if you really love all-maple guitars but they are very much an acquired taste, you'll definitely want to try it before you buy it.

I have the B.C. Rich Kerry King signature. It is all maple, as well. But I really need the warmth from the mahogany, in my tone. The KK is great for leads and can crank out great rhythm chunk, but, well, it is missing something. =/
Quote by britishsligean
you could look at the gibson raw powers i think they do a sort of lemon colour which will probably be the closest to a gold top you will find, alternativly you could look at This!

I will read up on the agile Gold top. I gotta be careful, tho. Some guitar makers did not actually "carve" their tops. It is just a molded piece of 1/8th" wood.
Quote by MrFlibble

As well. I can prove to you that guitarists are getting Lazier and Lazier. They are now chambering Les Pauls. WTH is that about.

I thought that came with the joy of owning A Les Paul! It double's as a "Boat Anchor!"
I'm pretty sure those are just les paul studios with a p-90 in the neck and hum in the bridge.

also, someones gonna get mad cause you didn't use the edit button.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Quote by phoenix_crush
That sounds expensive...

They can be (ranging from 1000 to 4000 depending on the condition or how much the seller thinks they're worth) but if you find a good deal on Ebay or Craigslist all props to you, but be aware that Norlin era Les Pauls can be the heaviest guitars you've seen (up to 13 pounds)
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by burnboy85
Older Les Pauls had maple necks. My dads Custom fits your specs almost perfectly ( natural finish)
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3388.html
A few Agile LP copys have maple necks.

Yea. I have looked at the price tag for those older LP's I almost cried. hahaha And I know that Carvin will let me custom order one for around 1500 hundred bucks, but here's the thing with them. I already have a V220 (with Kahler) Matching the wood specs(Maple neck-thru w/ mahogany body) and, to date, I have been waiting 5 months for it. I can swing the cost for the order, but I'd rather not swing the time if I can help it. And ESP will fill the order, but min. cost for a custom Eclipse is $3K and the wait time is, again, 3-6 months. (UNBELIEVABLE!)

So...... That is why I started this thread. To see if I can get what I am looking for, without paying an arm and a leg for it! LOL