Hi guys. I got a friend and he is realy poor.

For band practices he wants minimum 50-60 watts output.

His current amp is a 15 watts ibanez. And he got a Dıgıtech Rp255

So

He can buy a cheap bad 60 watts output amp

Or a cabinet (only cabinet) plug with his 15 watts amp or just plug to processor

Or buy a loudspeaker..

What do you say?

And is it posible to use cabinet without head ? just a cabinet + processor + guitar

what do you say?

Please quick and this guy is POOR dont suggest lots of thinks .. Max 200/250 dolars...
anything that could work as a preamp would work through speakers. such as a line 6 pod. but the only person ive ever haerd make those sound good was Tracy Guns. if he used the out of his 15 watt into a cabinet it would mistly likely sound like shit. hes better off getting a cheap Crate 65watt solid state.

try the Cratefxt65. i used one to play with heart once. they sound great for 3bills. even for lesss
hmm let me look.

But is it posible to use Cabinet with out an amp ?
guitar>processor>cabinet ??
^ No.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
ohh sad...

So only choice 65 watts amp ? or plug 15 watts into a cabinet.. hmmm
Quote by theguitarplayin
not necessarily NO. it depends what KIND of processor anything with a built in preamp would work as long as the impedence matched etc.

No, it wouldn't.

You need a power amp to provide sufficient current to activate the speaker drivers.

A preamp alone isn't going to cut it because that just boosts the line signal.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Its a Rp255 i used Rp1000 but dont know abouth 255s....

It has a change to work with cabinet ? and i know it will sound like shit with 15 watt ibanez
^^ No problem.

dude tell your friend (or you who knows) to go on craigslist or something ...something used and buy a small little crate. theyre cheap and pretty dependable. i stillll use one for my band. we arent playing any huge halls so it gets the job done. try CrateFXT 65 but only cause it has built in effects. that probably sound better than ANYTHING digitech has made. EVER. yes. go out and buy a cheap solidstate amp
lol...

I got a Zoom g9.2tt , mg100dfx (i know it sucks) 2007 usa strat and a bc rich beast nt on the way...

i love my zoom (L)
Quote by vaca11
Will a cabinet work without a head and with a Rp255...

He got a 15watts ibanez amp and it has got a headphone output.. Can headphoneoutputs support cabinets to work ?

No.

No.

A cabinet is a box with speakers in it. Speakers need power to work. A RP255 is not power.