Some people say its a tamborine, some say it symbolises what ever you want to be there, some people say it symbolises a woman who wants to escape her repressive 1930s world, and longs to leave it, while the sea is a metaphor for rape, some say it symbolises symbolism, some the empty space symbolises how dull and boring the album is, while others say it is a potato.

I agree with the latter, as I have decisive evidence to prove this.

*Reported*
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
It's can't really be overrated if it's not really praised to begin with. Other than Pitchfork, the guy from Brand New, and some college students, nobody has even heard of said album.
Quote by RawPower218
It's can't really be overrated if it's not really praised to begin with. Other than Pitchfork, the guy from Brand New, and some college students, nobody has even heard of said album.

Hardly anyone actually likes the album other than pitchfork and a few hipsters lol, pretending to like it is an /mu/ meme that started because no one knew why it got a 10/10 rating on pitchfork.
0/10
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Cerelil
Hardly anyone actually likes the album other than pitchfork and a few hipsters lol,

Except no

pretending to like it is an /mu/ meme that started

/mu/ fails, hard.

no one knew why it got a 10/10 rating on pitchfork.

Because sometimes, pitchfork knows what the hell they're talking about.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Because sometimes, pitchfork knows what the hell they're talking about.

>implying pitchfork isn't right 100% of the time
Quote by RawPower218
>implying pitchfork isn't right 100% of the time

They only gave Congratulations a 6.8, so no, they aren't right 100% of the time.
everyone has heard of this album.
Quote by BK202
Acid has been causing problems on this thread for a while. He just likes attention because he never got/gets enough from his parents or something.
Quote by crazy8rgood
They only gave Congratulations a 6.8, so no, they aren't right 100% of the time.

Okay, I guess you're right. I can't believe they gave an MGMT album anything higher than a 0.1.
Quote by RawPower218
Okay, I guess you're right. I can't believe they gave an MGMT album anything higher than a 0.1.