I finally got my tone dialed in with my amp but I'm using an overdrive pedal to get it. The thing is I need to be able to switch from 100% clean to 100% metal in one foot switch hit. Is this possible? I've been thinking of ways to do it by creating a small effects loop with my overdrive in it and building it into my footswitch, but I began thinking that a lot of people use overdrives to boost their amps, someone must have came up with the solution. Is there one?
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
set your amp on clean & then just kick in the overdrive pedal.

Ibanez Artcore -> my baby
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone SG
VOX AD100VTH
Digitech RP500 Effects Processor
Crybaby Classic Wah
Boss Flanger
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss 2 way Channel Switch
I used to have my OD pedal next to my footswitch so I could get them in one stomp.
That way I could use one or the other, or both.
^ AM, that's genius!

*quick thread hijack* btw, AM, I saw your last few NADs and I think it's seriously time for some Dr. Z NADs!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
He wants an EZG-50, it's just nobody wants to trade him one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You need to practice kinda turning your foot on it's side. It's awkward but it's what people seem to do.

This is one of the reason why a lot of amps basically sound like boosted versions of the amp before it( for example JTM -> Plexi -> JCM800 -> JCM900/2000 -> JVM).
Quote by Bright Light
^ AM, that's genius!

*quick thread hijack* btw, AM, I saw your last few NADs and I think it's seriously time for some Dr. Z NADs!

just waiting on a good deal for an ezg-50. I need that master volume. Non master volume amps and I don't get along .

Quote by mmolteratx
He wants an EZG-50, it's just nobody wants to trade him one.

GET OUT OF MAH HEAD
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
this doesnt make sense. clean channel + distortion pedal = metal in one hit????? what am i missing here?

are you saying you want to use your OD and your crunch channel at the same time to create a metal sound?
People often use an amp with an OD to get a metal sound. It's going to sound better than the vast majority of "metal" pedals(depending on his amp of course).
Quote by ikey_
this doesnt make sense. clean channel + distortion pedal = metal in one hit????? what am i missing here?

are you saying you want to use your OD and your crunch channel at the same time to create a metal sound?

Ummm yea!? That's exactly what he's saying - how hard is it to grasp that concept??

TS: Just set your footswitch and OD pedal up to where you can stomp both at the same time.
Plank of wood is the best idea so far, do it.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
you could tie on pedal on top of the other and they'll both click if you give it a hard stomp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I'm thinking of actually designing a footswitch with a loop in it. So i would lpug the guitar into the main input of the switcher, the switcher would be first in the signal chain, it takes the overdrive from its loop whenever I hit the channel select button and sends it through the rest of my chain into the amp.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
you could just leave the OD on and set your clean channel with less gain so it stays clean
although i think cleans with a little bit of crunch in there sound the best
Quote by AcousticMirror
you could tie on pedal on top of the other and they'll both click if you give it a hard stomp.

Ok, now you're just out of control!

*imagines himself stacking several EHX HOGS on top of one another*

I hear ya on that EZG 50 by the way. It's the only amp I've found worthy of using to create my clean/overdrive/stereo rig with along side my MAZ.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Can't you just dance better?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."