FOR TEH BR00TALZ!! Seriously though, I play metal, and I would like a pedal that could produce a Peavey 6505+(Modern Metal) AND a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec(Machine Head-ish, Metallica) sound. I don't have an amp, just looking for opinions. Thanks
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Well..probably a multi-effect pedal which comes with computer programs.. That'd get you nearly any tone you want to..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Well..probably a multi-effect pedal which comes with computer programs.. That'd get you nearly any tone you want to..

Digital distortion sounds really fizzy most of the time, and if it doesn't, than you just got really lucky. It takes some serious programming to make digital distortion sound even remotely analog.

As for what the OP should get, I suggest the Triple Wreck as well, or one of the Blackstar HT pedals.

EDIT: Just reread your post. You don't have an amp? I suggest getting a decent amp first, maybe one with a nice overdrive channel and then getting an overdrive or a boost to push it a bit more.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Jun 22, 2010,
OK, fine. I REALLY like the Jet City line of amps. I would like a pedal that gives me a NWOAHM tone as well as a Dual Rec tone. The Metal tone on the Jet City is pretty awesome, and that would be the holy trinity of Metal tones.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I didn't know Jet City amps could do metal o_O
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
I didn't know Jet City amps could do metal o_O

Here's the proof. I kinda love that tone.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Here's the proof. I kinda love that tone.

Holy
Shit
I want that rig!!!
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims