Hey guys. My current set up includes:

• Peavey 6505+ head
  • peavey valveking 212 (only using the speakers)
  • Boss NS-2 with X connection
  • TU-2 Tuner
  • Bad Monkey OD

I've usually got master at about 3 and gain at about 6 without the bad monkey, gain at about 4.5 with the bad monkey. My problem is that I get insane feedback whenever I have the OD on. I don't know what's causing it, and it's making the OD unusable to me. My setup is like this:

Guitar -> Tuner -> Bad Monkey -> NS-2 -> amp

I would think that the ns-2 would prevent any feedback from the bad monkey, but it doesn't help at all. the feedback is the same with or without the ns-2. My settings on the bad monkey are gain 0 and level 10.

Has anyone else had similar problems? If so, how did you go about fixing it?
Oh, i'm also using a schecter hellraiser with EMG 81/89's. but no, I haven't tried another guitar. I didn't really see how that would affect it... but I'll definitely give it a try
havent had that prob wit my 6505+
question - why the bad monkey on the 6505?
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
could be the high output EMGs. Stand further away from your amp, facing the other way... stuff like that can help. Magnetic fields and shit man, they're crazy!
Well, mostly because I have it leftover from when I used to use a valveking. It needed the bad monkey to get enough distortion. I just haven't bought another OD pedal and didn't know that I really would need to. I was thinking probably a ts-9 or a maxon OD-808 if i did though.

Oh and I've tried standing far away. I stand 10 feet away and facing away from the amp and I still get the same problem.
im not sure what's responsible for your extra noise but have you considered using your amp without an OD? the 6505+ is already high-mid focused (as opposed to the 6505) and doesn't really need that extra tightening all that much.... just an option.
Quote by Kryaxysa
Well, mostly because I have it leftover from when I used to use a valveking. It needed the bad monkey to get enough distortion. I just haven't bought another OD pedal and didn't know that I really would need to. I was thinking probably a ts-9 or a maxon OD-808 if i did though.

Oh and I've tried standing far away. I stand 10 feet away and facing away from the amp and I still get the same problem.

I run mine through a tubescreamer and goddamn!! plenty of gain in the head as it is imo. i miss my 5150 tho :-(

Please dont post "its the same thing tho" cause it aint. If i find out who stole it im gonna flip my shit
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.