So im plannin on buying a traction pad. but idk if it will replace the use of wax forever... i guess that if I put that pad on my board I wont have to buy wax anymore...
1.Clean off the shitty wax with rubbing alcohol and an unneeded credit card,
2.Allow to dry
3. Follow directions sold with the traction pad
4.Allow to sit for 16-24 hrs
6.PROFIT AND SHRREDD GNNNARRRR
Quote by armand0
So im plannin on buying a traction pad. but idk if it will replace the use of wax forever... i guess that if I put that pad on my board I wont have to buy wax anymore...

Are you talking about skimboarding or surfing? Not that you really even asked a question to begin with (though I think I know what you're TRYING to ask), but both have different answers. I'm 26 and have been surfing since I was 4, skimboarding since about 8. I spend my winters surfing in Hawai'i and have been on surf trips all over the world, so I think I'm qualified and educated enough to give you this advice:

Skimboard: You can slap a traction pad on that covers the entire board and be fine, so yes, in theory you could never have to use wax again. However in practice you will probably want to. I've ridden boards with all traction and no wax. I didn't like it, the "feel" was different and I always felt like I was going to slip even though I never did. It wasn't a "slick" surface persay (though it looked it, which messes with your head), but it had a little give (from the foam flexing under your force) that wax just doesn't have so I was hesitant to go full speed. Also depends on where you ride. Is it just long flat runs or do you have shorebreak to ride? All traction/no wax would be much more plausible on long flats than on riding shorebreak.

Surfboard: Don't even bother trying to use full board traction and omit wax. It's different from skimboarding (or similar if you skim shorebreak, either way helps back up my point) because you are controlling everything with body torque and the only connection point is your feet. Wax almost glues your feet to the board, helping them "stick" during high performance powerful turns etc. Traction pads don't help "up/down" grip (foot coming off the board), they just help with sliding back and forth. A good "demo" of wax benifits over traction is to coat something in wax and something in traction pad (or skateboard griptape). Press your hand down and lift quickly. It'll come right off with no resistence on the tracktion, whereas the object will stick to your hand, if even for only a second.

When it comes down to it, the choice is personal. Whatever YOU are most comfortable with is what you should use. That being said, there's a reason you don't see a single pro surfer rocking all traction and no wax....