I was messing around and I came up with this -

What should I add next?
Attachments:
ftm.gp5
ftm(2).gp5
Last edited by ibz120 at Jun 23, 2010,
I think adding a half-time drum part after the phrase you have laid out might be cool. I also think you should split the backing chords into two tracks, panned hard left and right. But that's just what I like. Are you trying to imitate a particular band's style here?
im no pro but i would suggest using a clean part using the chord progressions u used. maybe making the clean part somewhat similar to the main riff itself. maybe letting the notes ring and skip a couple strings to give that prog metal feel that i thought your riff sounded like. good job on the riff btw. hope this helps
Quote by gquady09
I think adding a half-time drum part after the phrase you have laid out might be cool. I also think you should split the backing chords into two tracks, panned hard left and right. But that's just what I like. Are you trying to imitate a particular band's style here?

What do you mean by a half time drum part, like a slow drum part? And not really a style, I used some AILD gallop's in there (887, etc) but that's about it.

Quote by adamchafee
im no pro but i would suggest using a clean part using the chord progressions u used. maybe making the clean part somewhat similar to the main riff itself. maybe letting the notes ring and skip a couple strings to give that prog metal feel that i thought your riff sounded like. good job on the riff btw. hope this helps

Alright I'll try it out.
Try keeping the guitar and bass parts the same, but give the drums a slower beat to provide a half-time feel. I can't really describe it too well in words.
I think I know what you mean. Check out version 2 with drums. What do you think?
updated it again, added verse and chorus. what do you think of the chorus?