I found one and the guy wants 300 dollars for it. It looks like it's in good condition from the pictures ive seen and i just wanted to know if thats a good deal and maybe see if you guys have got some history about it? Like the years it was produced and the normal price range on one of these. ive already tried google but haven't had much luck.

im planning on going down to the guys house one of these days to check it out and check the serial number to see the production year on this one.

EDIT: After further research I noticed that the guitar looks like an SG-X because the SG-1's weren't made in an ebony finish (according to everythingsg) and well, the pickguard looks totally different too. The truss rod cover on this one has an "I" on it though. Perhaps the previous owner switched that or something? I also read that the SG-X was originally called the "SG All American 1" until about 98 when they changed it to the SG-X. Maybe that's the reason for that "I"?

Any of you guys know what this might be about?
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Jun 23, 2010,
if by sg-1 you mean the 100 series form the 70's they are they biggest hunks of crap ever, squiers sound better. stayyy away man they have shit wood, shit pickups, shit neck, shit wiring
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
300 isn't bad. they were one of gibson's failed accountant introduced guitars. If it's one of the 70s ones they might be some of the worst guitars gibson ever made. if they are the 90s ones they aren't as bad but not much better. if it's from the 70s don't pay more then 100.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I'm convinced it's not an SG-1 simply because of the routing and all of that. there's one humbucker which i think might be a 500T and the pickguard looks exactly like the one on the sg-x. idk i wanna play it but the guy lives about an hour away.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
pics
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!