Who else thinks the new Nickelback song sucks? I usually like nickelback, but here lately they have been really selling out a lot, and with their new song "this afternoon" im beginning towonder if nickelback will ever rock again... please post your opinions on this subject
i cant stand nickelback, but their second album, the state, was awesome. then... silver side up came out, and they lost me.

silver side up was released on what date? google that shit.

coincidence? i think not. nickelback are music terrorists.

there I said it
Nickelback has always sucked....give up on them like most smart people do.
and then i'll give you a big ole cookie.
Quote by wezoweez
Nickelback has always sucked....give up on them like most smart people do.
and then i'll give you a big ole cookie.

sigged!
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
I actually liked many of their songs on all the right reasons. It was a nice album, not heavy but still very well put together and had some deepness to it.

This new album is terrible...they are making a bunch of cliche party songs with crappy repetitive lyrics. Normally I don't use the word "sell out" simply because it is often overused to by people to describe a band that has achieved major success, but nickle back is a SELL OUT band.

AND THEN THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SICK NICKLE BACK JR (aka Theory of a dead man) on us. I am tired of it, I hate driving and cycling through the 3 rock stations I listen too and hearing a song by one of those guys on every one...it is ridiculous!
Oh my wordy, Nickelback sold out!?! What is the world coming too???
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
I heard This afternoon, and at first I liked it. It seemed like a good sit back, party song. But then I realized what they were doing with the song, which is that they were trying to write another Rockstar. I like Nickelback, they've got their good stuff...and bad stuff (like every band)...most people just hate on them cause they're really popular. Quit worrying about what other people think. Trying to hate what everyone else likes, is just as bad as liking something that everyone else does, because everyone else does.
Quote by dillon1022
...most people just hate on them cause they're really popular. Quit worrying about what other people think. Trying to hate what everyone else likes, is just as bad as liking something that everyone else does, because everyone else does.

no it isn't.
and i hate them because they SHOULDN'T be popular.
lol you know in my town are alt. radio stations pitch to get people to listen is 'absolutly no nickleback' like when people are going out of the way to make fun of them like that then you really have to wonder how great the music nickelback is putting is?
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
when they were a little more raw, they seemed to have a good New Rock/Classic rock kinda sound. there was a time when I liked them pretty good. without listening to any radio or watching tvs. I just listened to them without knowing what the whole world felt.

The Cd "all the right reasons" really lost me. there are a whole bunch of really good radio-feel good kinda songs on it. I missed the jam rock they would pull sometimes. they are old news already thats probably why they are becoming that style of band.
----------------------
good times

---------------------------

-- A.L.W.--

----------------------

when you just get tired of all the effects and riffs.

Quote by TonyRandall
no it isn't.
and i hate them because they SHOULDN'T be popular.

Explain why they shouldn't be popular. Chad has a voice that teenagers really get into, I don't particularly care for it, but I like the simple catchy guitar parts.
I never really got into them, but I viewed some of their older stuff as decent. Their latest stuff though is terrible. Very boring, and cookiecutter put together music.
I haven't heard it, but yes I do agree
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
I haven't heard it, but yes I do agree

I agree.
I think that Nickelback is very commercial and that sucks.
I like them. Their new album is alright. I'm more into Thrash and death metal and all that but i do enjoy listening to Nickelback every once and a while
The only thing worse than hearing this song on the radio is being forced to hear it every day at work.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^