Do cables make any difference in sound ?
As i saw Monster cable have cables for rock , jazz, etc and i'm looking to buy one.
They are also pretty expensive? Are they worth it?

What guitar -> amp cable would you recommend me , something that works good , doesn't break but nothing over the top if it's not worth it.

Thanks
The best cables are the ones that make NO difference to your sound.

Planet Waves cables are pretty good value for money. I also like the Vox Vintage coiled cables.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I stand by Fenders cables. Lifetime guarantee, rugged construction, look pretty pimp too.

Ive tried a lot of brands and Planet Waves like seemeel says are pretty good too, as are Venoms.

I would definitely avoid cheap cables. I bought a pair of basic 1m cables with Neutrik jacks the other day for my effects loop and they are shockingly bad compared to the Fenders. Big volume drop when the loop was enabled and lots of dynamics lost... bad times.

So yeah, buy cheap buy twice.
I like braided cables, and coiled cables. today's moulded plastic things are a bit dull looking.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
what country are you in? what's good value or a cable will vary depending on where you are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you're in europe, klotz or van damme is probably going to be the best value. a lot of those american brands are going to be very expensive here (it's worth pointing out that klotz is very expensive in the US).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
anyone else using Proco's? Ive got 2, 3m Lifelines by Proco (which of the other one I no longer need, sits on the table) and one 5m Exelline.

So does anyone else use these? with positive/negative experiences?
Thanks for the post! I knew there had to be a better option out there for cheap great cables, now I've found it! Before I read this I was going to recommend the Dimarzio (gold/silver) cables, they are great but twice the price of the CBI. I'm buying some CBIs today!

Quote by Way Cool JR.
Any 20AWG custom USA CBI brand cable is better than anything I and many others have ever used. They are cheep and they perform and sound better than Bullet,Monster,Planet waves,hell most all cables. They will not color your sound you will get full signal strength from highs to lows they are double shielded so you wont pick up any noise and they use all high quality connectors and a 10 year warranty. Don't waste your money on all the expensive gimmick crap that the high end cables claim to do for you. Those fancy gold tips and junk do nothing for your sound the main signal is still running through the same metals that gold plated ones do. And corrosion is not a factor either I have never seen a normal connector corrode in my life. Take it from someone that spent a few years building cables by hand for several manufactures. And machine made is just as good as hand made. Hell even hand made is mostly done by machines all the measuring, cutting, striping all they do by hand is crimp and solder the ends on I could/did easily whip out 200 to 300 a day my self.

here is a link CBI Cables Search all of them make sure they are 20awg or even 18awg stay away from any brand of 22, 24, 26awg cables they will rape you of your tone. With this brand they have cables with both ends straight or 1 end straight the other angled or both ends angled for you can get exactly what you want the angled plugs on both ends are great for running off of effects loops for your cables drop straight down off the amp and straight back off of your effects and anything you run through the front of your amp like OD's & Distortions from pedals to amp. It just gives you good cable management when you have pedals on the same board that some are ran through the front of the amp and others are in the loop they can sit side by side nice and snug on the board you cant do that with all straight cables well you can but it will look like arse.

Forgot to add: Are Monster cables worth it? NO. Do cables make a difference in sound? Yes majorly it mostly matters on gauge size and shielding used if you go from a cheap light gauge cable like you get for free with guitars or amps or even more expensive ones that are 22 ,24 , 26awg to a heavy gauge cable like 20 ,18awg you will hear the biggest difference for the better.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
Quote by Way Cool JR.

Forgot to add: Are Monster cables worth it? NO. Do cables make a difference in sound? Yes majorly it mostly matters on gauge size and shielding used if you go from a cheap light gauge cable like you get for free with guitars or amps or even more expensive ones that are 22 ,24 , 26awg to a heavy gauge cable like 20 ,18awg you will hear the biggest difference for the better.

It mostly matters on capacitance of the cable, which is governed by it's cross section geometry. Wire gauge and hence DC resistivity doesn't matter much for these low power AC signals, as the thickness of the wires is cancelled by the skin effect of current. A good cable that doesn't color the sound significantly is typically thin (thick cables, extra shielding = more capacitance = beefier tone), and plugs with durable jackets.
cleartones all the way, google them.
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
The best cables are the ones you build yourself.

Also, Take this into consideration.

A well made cable is a well made cable.

A solder joint is a solder joint, a copper wire is a copper wire, shielding is shielding. If it's done right, There's no difference.

So you can pay $70 a cable or you can pay $15, Either way, they do the same thing..

And I've spent a lot of money on Mogami, Monster, Live Wire and etc.

Live Wire works great, but MOST of my cables I build myself with my soldering iron out of 1/8th inch cable I bought from a surplus store and put 1/4 inch snake armor around it and use connectors from Radio Shack.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
A plastic granulator is a machine or a device which transforms large plastic objects into tiny granules by the form of shredding. They were introduced recently to recycle huge plastic goods and this has proved to be a success in the manufacturing industry. Plastic is used a lot by the people in the world for multiple reasons.

Thanks.
God damn spambots. **** off.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i have at least a dozen 20' monster rock cables and a handfull of 12's, i got all of them 50% off mostly from a guy who was selling off his gear. he just posted 50% of actual price on CL, and i was there 20 minutes later cash in hand.

that has kept me going. i am very abusive on cables, and i have had only two fail, both totally my fault.

the nice thing is, go to any GC and they will hand you a new one pretty much no questions asked, in a shiny box. i believe every one of their dealers does that. other cables are like that too, but most shops around here sell monster, so its convenient.

moogami are top notch as well. most say better, but main reason i got the monsters were due to the price. $25 for a 21' monster is a killer deal. you probably won't get that lucky.

________

one of these days, i have been talking about it forever and not doing it yet, but i may do it soon, is to buy cable and ends and make them. cable is only $.69/ft when ordering over 100 ft. only downside is that the jacks are expensive. he recommended switchcraft jacks. i will do it one of these days.

matt has a good site to go from, i will buy there when i do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Planet waves cable tangles like a muthalicka. They have too pronounced of a lay memory. They want to return to the coil but can't so they twist themselves up. I bought 100' of the stuff. It's a PITA.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Guys, old thread is 3 years old.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
And it was bumped by a spambot.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire