So I have been looking around for a relatively cheap battery powered amp, and I was thinking about getting a Roland Microcube, but I found out about the Marshall Mini Amp which is about half it's price, but I can't find very many reviews. Has anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the price or should I just go with the microcube? I tried it in stores and it sounds great, but it's a little larger, and more expensive..
You tend to get what you pay for, the higher the price the better things are.

Most people would say Roland > Marshall's that are cheap, and the reviews i read rate them relatively equal with the Roland having the Edge.

I preferred to not waste the cash on it, i think they're good for what they do etc, but i just cba with them
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Marshall MS-2 and MS-4 are just toys the microcube owns both by some margin
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
They sound like crap, but that's par for the course with amps the size of a pack of cigarettes. The only good thing about it is that you can attach it to your belt and walk around with an electric guitar. I did that once at school, played AC/DC riffs over and over. But it really does not sound good.

Microcube is way better.
Yeah, I played one of those, it's absolutely worthless. Get the Cube.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Jack Black looked really cool dancing around with one on his belt in 'School of Rock,' however, I bet they sound like shit.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
They only sound decent when you turn everything up. You have to crank it.
Quote by TheQuailman
The only good thing about it is that you can attach it to your belt and walk around with an electric guitar. I did that once at school, played AC/DC riffs over and over. But it really does not sound good..

Is the microcube small enough to do something similar?
^ It Comes with a strap so you can carry it over your shoulder
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
I have both.

The marshall sucks ass. The cube is amazing for the money.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I own the MS-4 and it is actually decent if you just need a clean amp to practice with. Try to get any dirt out of the thing and it sounds like butthole.
Quote by Rizzice
Is the microcube small enough to do something similar?

The Microcube is much much bigger, but it's possible with a strap.
Quote by sfx
Forking rich kid... look at all the marshall amp heads..

Errr.. He looks old enough to have a job.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by sfx
Forking rich kid... look at all the marshall amp heads..
Not a kid. He's a man, with a house, family and job.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Hmmm to slave out my MS-2 is it just taking a cable from the headphone port to the microphone input on my cube?

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by TheQuailman
^Dunno, signal might be a bit strong for a mic-in. Set the volume on the MS2 low and see what happens.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I have the MS too, but never tried that with it.
I have run an amp simulator pedal through it and got some nice hotrodded Marshall tones. Sounded good for jamming alone in the backyard and garage.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Meh I'll experiment, if something blows up ill report back

E-Married to Funny_Page
My friend was actually endorsed by Marshall and took a shipment of 24 of these, of coarse he doesn't play guitar but he's also sponsored by nintendo and plays gameboys and ds's.
For some reason I own a Marshall mini amp (it was a present :p

I've heard an Orange mini amp and a Danelectro one, both of which sounded better.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.