Hey guys, I recently bought this cheapo guitar. I looked up about who makes these guitars and what they're like but all i could find was people nagging and complaining about how shit the "overlord of music" bridge is that comes with it. People were saying it was made out of recycled tin cans and the action was far too high and could not be changed. I had already bought the guitar and felt pretty annoyed finding out this but when it came i checked out the bridge and was amazed by the fact that instead of the "Overlord of Music" engraved into it that you can see in the picture it had "Licensed Under Floyd Rose Pats." :
Do you think that they may have started replacing the bridges with legit floyd roses or have they just engraved that in instead of the overlord of music engraving you can see in one of the photos here: http://www.lenkermusic.co.nz/product/438/electric-guitar-r-hand-black-new/
How do i tell the difference between a FR copy and a licensed FR?
I'll post a picture if wanted...
Doesn't really matter, at that price it's going to be a shit bridge regardless of whether it's a licensed design or not.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well if it's licensed it'll say "licensed under floyd rose patents".

Note that in no way does that suggest the trem will actually be any good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Christ, what was that other trem with the hilarious engraving on it?

EDIT..

"Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you"

I remembered!!!!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 23, 2010,
most double locking trems(except for the real thing and the ibanez EP and EZ) are licensed under floyd rose patents.it doesnt mean that the bridge is going to better in anyway..it just means that it uses the basic design of a Floyd rose tremolo system
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by steven seagull

rythm in jump dancing close to you
Quote by steven seagull

"rhythm in jump, dancing close to you" or something like that?
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
i wish my trem said rhythm in jump. and by that I mean I'm glad it doesn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
"Overlord of music" seems positively sensible now
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

These cheap floating bridges should be banned and their manufacturers whipped repeatedly.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.