I'm getting my friend a Bob Dylan Signature Harmonica for his b'day, he said to get him a Diatonic one whatever that is... Can anyone explain what the different types of harmonica are? Ta
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Thanks, dunno why I didn't do that before. Oh well, this can now be a thread about harmonicas
The diatonic ones are the small ones with 10 holes. They're awesome.
yeah I have a C, A, G and F diatonic. love them. they are cheap harps, but sound great.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
The two main types are diatonic and chromatic. The two types just play a different range of notes. A diatonic will usually have about ten holes and they're usually pretty cheap, whilst chromatics are pretty pricey and cover a much larger range of notes. Just google around for better detail, including wikipedia.

Buy one in C. More songs are played in C on the harmonica than anything else, and it's a bit more versatile to other keys.

Buying a second hand harmonica is actually not such a bad idea. It takes a little while to loosen the instrument up, but buying one second hand, you can usually buy one which is pretty warmed up, making it easier to play with nicer sounds.

If you're not going to buy one online, just ask cover the counter at any good music store.
Last edited by Craigo at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by rocknroll93
yeah I have a C, A, G and F diatonic. love them. they are cheap harps, but sound great.

You should have just bought one good one and a harmonica capo
Whatever kind you get play it through a microphone and a wah pedal.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Gotta get me one soon, too. That link just made me aware of amplified harmonicas. That`s the most badass thing ever. Amplified harmonicas. Amp`d ham`z.