Slash uses the same exact settings for each of his songs. if you go on his website it has them. Use a Gibson Les Paul through a Marshall to get the tone.

The only difference between this and his other songs is that he has his guitar switched to the "Treble" pickup, instead of both pickups or the rhythm pickup. That gives it extra crunch.

EDIT: http://www.slashsworld.com/category/slash_101/ has it all
Quote by Cat Of Pain
^Very, very, very well done sir. You truly win.

C.

The C is what makes this post.
Last edited by eliterun at Jun 23, 2010,
I read in a interview that for this song he used his wah left sort of half open to get a "kind of michael schenker tone"
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
The trouble with "getting (insert artist here)'s tone" is twofold:

A) You are denying yourself the opportunity to find you own tone.

B) Tone is 99% the player anyway, so unless you are Slash, you will not sound like Slash. Period.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic

B) Tone is 99% the player anyway, so unless you are Slash, you will not sound like Slash. Period.

Im aloud to sound like him if i want i am doing this song in my band
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

I'm not trying to start a debate, but there is difference between sounding like a player and achieving having a similar tone. Every artist has different hands, different touches, feels, etc., and those aspects of playing are hard to even imitate, let alone replicate. But getting the tone just means using similar gear. There is a distinct "Slash tone" that TS is trying to get.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by C-note12
Im aloud to sound like him if i want i am doing this song in my band

you're allowed to use correct spelling too

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
you're allowed to use correct spelling too

This really made my day.

Any way, Slash has a signature pedal doesn't he? I don't know much about pedals but maybe that will help you achieve the tone your looking for.
Last edited by offthewall91 at Jun 23, 2010,
You guys are just too funny arent you. 2 people answered my question for me thx to them who did. Thats why i dont make threads cuz people go to far into it lke why do u want to sound like him. And im ALOUD to not use correct spelling.
Quote by offthewall91
This really made my day.

Any way, Slash has a signature pedal doesn't he? I don't know much about pedals but maybe that will help you achieve the tone your looking for.

thanks
Quote by C-note12
thanks

Anytime man. I believe that pedal is a bit expensive though, in the $170 range. So that's a factor there. And if you go that route I would look up reviews and such on it, and ask someone who is pretty savvy with pedals to see if it's worth it before you spend that much money on it.
Quote by C-note12
You guys are just too funny arent you. 2 people answered my question for me thx to them who did. Thats why i dont make threads cuz people go to far into it lke why do u want to sound like him. And im ALOUD to not use correct spelling.

People here go into things because they want to help their fellow guitarists not just advise them on things they might regret later. I for one am grateful to the users who gave me advice that helped me understand the aspects of gear and tone I had no idea even existed when I was new to all this rather than just letting me wander off and waste my money.

If you want to sound like Slash, that's fine, and most people around here would be more than happy to help you. They're just going to give you all the information, even if you didn't ask for it, to help you make the best decision.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
People here go into things because they want to help their fellow guitarists not just advise them on things they might regret later. I for one am grateful to the users who gave me advice that helped me understand the aspects of gear and tone I had no idea even existed when I was new to all this rather than just letting me wander off and waste my money.

If you want to sound like Slash, that's fine, and most people around here would be more than happy to help you. They're just going to give you all the information, even if you didn't ask for it, to help you make the best decision.

Thanks i know what ur talking about but some people say get your own tone i just want to know what tone that was in the song cuz ive never heard it before and were playin it in my band thanks
Quote by denied
You're also "aloud" to use the search thread...This is probably one of the most popular tone requests.

actually your wrong. nobody has asked for the let it roll tone if you would of clicked the link you would know what i am talking about.Dont post anuthing if your gonna be wrong. thanks
Quote by C-note12
actually your wrong. nobody has asked for the let it roll tone if you would of clicked the link you would know what i am talking about.Don't post anything if your gonna be wrong. thanks

I do believe he was referring to Slash's tone in general. =/
Quote by C-note12
actually your wrong. nobody has asked for the let it roll tone if you would of clicked the link you would know what i am talking about.Dont post anuthing if your gonna be wrong. thanks

He's not wrong. You're one of a squillion people who come on UG's GG&A and asks 'hurr how i sund liek slosh' when the information is plainly available if you just Google it.

I do believe he used Vox AC30s for the first Velvet Revolver album.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
He's not wrong. You're one of a squillion people who come on UG's GG&A and asks 'hurr how i sund liek slosh' when the information is plainly available if you just Google it.

I do believe he used Vox AC30s for the first Velvet Revolver album.

I do believe you are correct on that. If I'm not mistaken he used a Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 on VR's second album.
Quote by denied
You're also "aloud" to use the search thread...This is probably one of the most popular tone requests.

Ironically it's also the most simple.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.