Hey

Has anyone had a chance to play or own a LTD Alexi 600 ?

I have a Jackson RR24m black with white bevel, Jackson guitar case.

I ran into a guy that wants to trade me his Alexi 600 and $200.00 cash for my RR24m.

What do you guy's think I really like the body of the 600 well the big cut away on the neck but I have not played 1, I had a LTD Alexi 200 and it was okay for what it was but nothing like the Jackson.

I would like a real no B.S. help cus the guy has a 4 hour drive to my house and would hate to have him come down and not like the Alexi 600 also he des not have a case for the guitar thats why he will give $200.00 cash.

Things I would like to know.
1. neck is just as or better then the RR24m
2.Tone will it sound better or the same ?
3.QC is better or the same

Thank for any help.

Randall RT 503
Ibanez TBX 150R
Spider IV 150

Jackson RR24m
Ibanez MTM2
LTD EC-50
1. Personal preference thing. I love mine. You will not know until you play it
2. Depends, it came with three different pickups. One version has an HZ, another has an active SD blackout, and another has a HZ boosted with a internal preamp. Your rr24 has an emg81, none of the alexi 600's come with an emg 81, so it will sound a little different. If it has a blackout, it'll be closer to the 81 than the HZ versions.
3. Same qaulity. In almost every respect, they are the same guitar built by two reputable companies. The only real difference is neck/body feel, and the pickup.

That being said, I love my 600
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I have the RR24M and I love it.

I don't own the Alexi 600 but I have played one.

They are very similar...very.

I like the jackson necks better, but that is all personal pref.

I also like the Jackson bodies better, and the LTD's body is a little bigger and has a longer lower wing.

As for tone it sould be similar, just depends on the PU it has.

The Jackson list for more, so just take that for what it is.

The real question should be what don't you like about the Jackson that is even making you consider the trade?
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
It is thinner on the Jackson

But my favorite part about it is the compound radius fretboard. It makes playing seem so effortless.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Jackson's probably slightly better, but it's probably negligible.

Your questions have no answers, as it is entirely opinion. You need to find one somewhere (store, friend, etc.) and try it yourself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Jackson's probably slightly better, but it's probably negligible.

Your questions have no answers, as it is entirely opinion. You need to find one somewhere (store, friend, etc.) and try it yourself.

why would the Jackson be any better? 0___o
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Because the LTD is a copy of the Jackson. HAHAHA j/k

They are both great guitars, but the Jackson is a highend Jackson. 1800.00 list

The LTD is well, ESP's cheaper line...not sure what they list for.

But they are both made from same wood...I think.....same construction.....Like I said both very similar and both are great guitars.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Not sure about the LTD but doesnt the Jackson have an original floyd?
Also the Jackson has a thinner neck, not sure what you prefer tho.
Contrary to popular beliefs the JAckson does not have a Made in Germany Floyd.

It is the exact same though, just assembled in Korea or something like that.

But nowhere on it does it say LFR or anything like that.

It is a great trem...I never go out of tune and I can flutter with the best of them.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Because the LTD is a copy of the Jackson. HAHAHA j/k

They are both great guitars, but the Jackson is a highend Jackson. 1800.00 list

The LTD is well, ESP's cheaper line...not sure what they list for.

But they are both made from same wood...I think.....same construction.....Like I said both very similar and both are great guitars.

wat

The rr24 is $100 difference in price. They are both made in Korea.

They both have Floyd rose X000 series bridges(different numbers only mean different colors).

They are identical in almost everyway.

LTD's are NOT low qaulity.

Have you ever played an alexi-600?

An ESP comes from the custom shop. An ESP alexi owns an rr24. The jackson counterpart is a USA custom shop rhoads.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
My RR24M was made in Japan...just so you are aware...and it listed for 1800.00....I still have the receipt to prove it...and to show people I only paid 93.00 dollars for it. HAHA

I never said the LTD was low quality, just that LTD is ESP's cheaper line of guitars.

Yes, i have played one...numerous times....almost got one until I got my steal of a deal on the Jackson.

All ESP's do not come form the custom show...they have the ESP ALX STD and ESP Alx Customs....and then the LTD versions. Only the customs are from the custom shop.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
The RR24 is $1099, not 1800:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-w-EMG?sku=520331&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=340635860

The RR24 is jackson cheaper line, when compared to thier custom shop. It's a production guitar made in a factory (in japan, my mistake), NOT hand made in a custom shop.

there is NO STANDARD SERIES ALEXI. There is the 200, 600, and ESP Alexi. The ESP Alexi is custom made in japan. therefore, any alexi with ESP on the headstock was made AT ESP:

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

They are almost 100% identical.

Pick which ever "feels" better to you.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
In my experience, a high-end Japanese Jackson has far more consistent build quality than any Korean Esp/Ltd. I would certainly not even think of trading a Jackson RR24M for a Ltd 600-series.

But it's up to you, if your so unsatisfied with you guitar, then why not? I just think it's stupid.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by Gundamnitpete

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-w-EMG?sku=520331&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=340635860

The RR24 is jackson cheaper line, when compared to thier custom shop. It's a production guitar made in a factory (in japan, my mistake), NOT hand made in a custom shop.

there is NO STANDARD SERIES ALEXI. There is the 200, 600, and ESP Alexi. The ESP Alexi is custom made in japan. therefore, any alexi with ESP on the headstock was made AT ESP:

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.htm

Well, list price for the Jackson RR24M is somewhere around $1800... What it actually sells for is another question, so he is partially right.

And yes, there is a STANDARD-series ESP Alexi, AND a Customshop one. Or there has been, anyway I have seen both and the Customshop one has been about twice the price, at least here in Europe. But Europe can be pretty different, Ltd's are shit expensive while Jacksons looks to be hard to get, no shop around here stock them anymore. No idea why, instead they have a lot of shitty Gibsons (played one yesterday with a poorly applied finish on the neck).

*EDIT:sorry for double post!
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by Gundamnitpete

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html

Ok. click your little musiciansfriend link and see where it says MSRP 1799.00...that is the list price buddy.

Also, no one ever said the Jackson was a custom handmade guitar so I don't even know where you are getting that from. I just said they are made in Japan, not Korea.

The ESP link you post is the bastardized American site......look at the Jap ESP import catologue and you can see all the real Alexi models. Or look at link I provided below.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/al_st_std.html

See how it has STD...that means standard

See how it has CS...that means Custom Shop

The AL models are the Edwards models

And then you can clearly see the USA models as they all look too big and not like the Jap ones (which are the ones Alexi really uses, not the American ones) because they are more closely related to the original RR shape.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Jun 24, 2010,
Thanks for the fast reply back to my post.

Well I text the guy back and told him that I was not wanting to trade.

thanks for the help all.
You made a good choice.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Gundamnitpete
wat

The rr24 is $100 difference in price. They are both made in Korea.

They both have Floyd rose X000 series bridges(different numbers only mean different colors).

They are identical in almost everyway.

LTD's are NOT low qaulity.

Have you ever played an alexi-600?

An ESP comes from the custom shop. An ESP alexi owns an rr24. The jackson counterpart is a USA custom shop rhoads.

First of all: all jacksons above 500$ are made in Japan.
Second: they are far from identical, but still quite similar.
Third: LTD's are ESP's budget guitars, and lower quality than a real ESP, whether you like it or not.
And last: An ESP does not come from the custom shop. Only the ESP's "Custom shop" models (so not the customs either, but the custom SHOP's) come from the CS. They counterpart of a normal ESP alexi would not be a CS RR or KV (these cost around $5k), but a RR1 or KV2, and even then is the Jackson a higher quality instrument than the ESP alexi. How do i know? I own 3 ESP's and a Jackson (the jackson i have for 4 years now, the esp's for over a year).
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I knew the UG Jackson expert would chime in soon or later.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Depends. It sounds like you like the shape of the Alexi more. It's a million times better than a 200, I own a 600 and it's pretty sweet. My OFR broke though rofl. I would definitely buy a case for it ASAP. I keep mine in the case and the wings still get banged up somehow. Tone will probably be the same, it depends on what pickups it has though. Some have passive HzA4's or w/e like mine, some have blackouts.

Essentially, it's the same exact guitar, but I think the Jacksons look cooler.

DO WANT
Anywho, they're not very different, and whatever difference there is isn't very major.
Alexi Laiho originally used the RR24, and when his shit got stolen, ESP made the Alexi series to mimic the RR24 as much as they could without a fat lawsuit.
Since Jackson apparently loves those....
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Depends. It sounds like you like the shape of the Alexi more. It's a million times better than a 200, I own a 600 and it's pretty sweet. My OFR broke though rofl. I would definitely buy a case for it ASAP. I keep mine in the case and the wings still get banged up somehow. Tone will probably be the same, it depends on what pickups it has though. Some have passive HzA4's or w/e like mine, some have blackouts.

Essentially, it's the same exact guitar, but I think the Jacksons look cooler.

how did it break?

BTW it has a FRT 1000...
Seriously...how did it break?

I absue the shit out of mine and it has never given me an issue.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Seriously...how did it break?

I absue the shit out of mine and it has never given me an issue.

I've been abusing my floyd rose for almost 2 years, and I haven't had an issue. It's even a licensed floyd!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09