Poll: The Past, The Present or The Future?
Poll Options
View poll results: The Past, The Present or The Future?
The Past
1 3%
The Present
24 63%
The Future
10 26%
All in equal measure (the boring choice)
3 8%
Voters: 38.
Which do you think it is most important to concentrate on: the past, the present or the future?

Could it be the past, because in order not to repeat the same mistakes, we need to know and learn from the past? Or perhaps the old times were simply better?

Could it be the present, because happiness comes from enjoying the moment?

Or could it be the future, because that's where our dreams and goals lie? If we are ever to achieve anything, perhaps we should concentrate on the future and work for it.

IMO: present > past > future

Future being the least important because no one can say what the measure of that future is. you could focus on it all you want, but for all you know, what you're preparing for might never happen.

The past is important if only to serve as a lesson to us. you can't change it, but you can learn from it.

The present is definitely the most important. It's your current reality, and what could be more important than that?The present is the only tense of time where we can take action and make choices.

Thoughts?
I think the future is very important. It gives me something to look forward to and strive towards. I judge my present actions on what i wish to accomplish in the future. The past is always forgotten eventually
I still think the future is the most important, but that is in more personal terms. Regardless of whatever predicament I may find myself in, I try to look forward to grow and what's coming next. Even if my plans may go awry, that doesn't mean I shouldn't have them, I like to give myself something to look up to and aspire to reach.

I immerse myself in study of the past and the lessons I can learn from it (history student, kind of necessary), but I use it to help looking forward.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Usually a good thing to think about what your doing while you do it, but you also need to think about what your going to do. Best not to dwell on the past.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
somewhere between the present and the future. but no extremes
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Present, then Future.

Because the present is when you actually experience things, and preparing for the future can mean a better present down the road.