hello all just after a little advice, ive played ukulele for over a year now and just sold it to by a legacy J35 semi hollow electric guitar, its georgous, im in love with it http://www.legacymusic.com.au/products/index.cfm?action=view&id=43 tell me what use think ...

now my question is, where do i start, i bought it with intentions to learn slow blues, play slow blues solos in style of BB king, and stevie ray vaughn, now with learning, would i be better of learning different blues licks, and the songs i wanna learn, or go through the whole beginners thing of learning chords, scales ect, i know the fundamentals of guitar styles in regards to pulls off ect ect ect, any tips for a beginner to learn things fast haha, tonights the first night i have had it and have learnt the beginners lesson of the stevie snacks blues solo tutorial on youtube and now onto intermediate, am i going things the right track or not???

also can anyone suggest any good sites at all

i have a real love for older music of chuck berry, lightnin hopkins (one of my favourite, if anyone knows any other similar players with similar styles PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME ), blues brothers haha
Learn theory first. I wish I did.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Learn theory first. I wish I did.

+1000000000000000

this is exactly what you need to do. teach yourself or find a teacher.
Just gotta love Hopkins, Chuck Berry and the Blues Brothers. I've never been a hardcore blues player but I like to sometimes take a break from Judas Priest and Motley Crue to play a Bill Withers (an absolutely great bluesman if you havnt gotten the chance to hear him) song every now and again. Like the user above me said; Theory, theory, theory. Also, don't fall into the trap that so many blues players, well most guitar players fall into. The Gear Aquisition Syndrome, I'm guilty of it too, but you gotta remember the greats of blues were mostly poor, southern, black men who didn't have a brand new Les Paul and a million effects pedals. IMHO that's why modern blues sucks.

/rant
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by RetroGunslinger
emg humbuckers? never seen then before

o.O

How have you not seen EMG humbuckers??
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by RetroGunslinger
emg humbuckers? never seen then before

And that has what to do with this thread?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.