Page 1 of 6
I thought we needed a place for any tennis fans to discuss this year's Wimbledon championship, so here it is. Hopefully we don't have one so far (couldn't see one).

Highlight so far - Mahut and Isner on 61 games in the final set and still going.

Any predictions? Federer seemed to be playing around a bit and Murray was looking strong once he got his act together.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I was surprised with the Federer match the other day.

This Isner/Mahut match is incredible, how either of them is keeping this up is beyond me.
I'm fully expecting the winner to be the one that didn't collapse from heatstroke tbh. Must be at least 26 degrees+ on the court.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
I predict everyone brings a vuvuzela and a roar of bee;s occur.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
2 Match points for Isner.

Edit : Holy shit, Mahut fights back!
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Jun 23, 2010,
It's never going to end.

Whoever plays tomorrow is screwed though.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Hidden Hippo
It's never going to end.

Whoever plays tomorrow is screwed though.

They could get to 11pm at this rate
wow and a sweep for a set.
i just started watching this around an hour ago.
has the whole set been isner gets ahead a match and then mahut ties?
I think so. I only turned on at about 25-25, and it's been like that since. Neither player has the energy to break the serve.

Edit: Actually it must have been - they only need to get two games ahead.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Jun 23, 2010,
Argh that was so close from Mahut, he did all the hard work to get the ball back across the net and then he flunks a backhand into the net
Awesome ace from Isner - 35-34, it doesn't end.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Man, just think of the sheer willpower required from both these guys to be fighting it out for 7 hours, and almost 4 of those in the final set
Oh, I think I might go and watch this game then.

That first Federer match was amazingly intense, I felt a bit sorry for Falla, but it just goes to show Federer's amazing skill to come back from three sets to love. Falla did seem to be rather sloppy towards the end, but pretty brilliant for a first Wimbledon from an unseeded player.

Nadal will mix things up this year though, his injury gave Federer an easier run last year. I hope Murray gets killed.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Hmm, Mahut looks like he's going for a last ditch attempt at this. If he pulls it off soon it'll be good, but I'd give him 4/5 games like this tops to win before he's knackered.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Another record has been set today, Taylor Dent has set the fastest serve ever of 148mph to beat Andy Roddick's previous best
Wait, how has this gone to 72 games? I don't understand, I thought it would be a tie breaker.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Isner seems to be playing slightly better right now.

But who knows what will happen at this point.
Quote by freddaahh
Wait, how has this gone to 72 games? I don't understand, I thought it would be a tie breaker.

5th sets don't go to tie breakers.
Quote by Don_Humpador
5th sets don't go to tie breakers.

Oh yeah, totally forgot that. That is particularly nasty then. Thanks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Oh yeah, totally forgot that. That is particularly nasty then. Thanks.

I'd lol so hard if this went to 40-40

o_O
I'm really hoping for 100 games, but I doubt it'll happen. The stamina these guys are showing is mad though.

Edit: 261 minutes in the final set - wow.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Jun 23, 2010,
Okay so on a day of record breaking I just found out that John Isner has set the record number of aces (it would be hard not to in this match ), he's hit 79 compared to the previous record of 50-something.
Holy crap, this is weird.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Just a complete stalemate. Neither one can manage to break.

We've hit the 40-40 though.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
They both look too strong on their serves. Gawd, this could go on 'til 100-100.
It's gonna be a blue day
This is completely epic.

The winner of this game gets to play someone who won 16-14 in their last set, I expect another epic game.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Wtf...

wtf... is happening...
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I am tired just thinking about this. Hope it goes to 50-50.

Actually I have school in 4 hours, for all I know it will still be going then...
Just went out to do some shopping and they're still at it!! I left at 33/34. Isner's service is a bit slower now but still damn good
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Probably, 7.30 in the UK, I imagine they've only got another 90 minutes of light. I really want this set to hit 100 games though.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai