I went to the theater to see it...AWESOME SHOW!!!! ALL 4 bands played Am I evil together (and Dave and James hugged!!!!)

MY personal review/opinions
The sound at the theater I went to was not bad...a little quiet as far as I am concerned...obviously, each theater sets it's own sound.

1) Anthrax. Very good job! Worked very hard to get the crowd (which was still filtering in) fired up. Threw in a little Dio tribute. And sounded pretty good. Nothing earth shattering, but a good solid preformance.

2)Megadeth. Poor guys had rain most of their set! Sound was AWESOME! Dave's vocals were very light going to higher registers...his growls were easier to hear. Camera director had no idea the Brodrick was the lead guiatr....for most of the set, when Chris did a solo, the cameras were on Mustaine and Ellifson...they firgured it out eventually...Chris's solos were awesome! Best display of guitar talent all night. Mustaine was also GREAT on his solos!!!

3) Slayer. Biggest disappointment of the night! Hanneman was just horribly sloppy...hard to watch... Spent a lot of time with his back to the crowd trying to play with feedback. King was good (as always, though his tone was very weak and thin sounding) as were the rest of the band....just not very good showmanship of any kind (a couple long periods were EVERYONE had their back to the crowd...pet peeve of mine)
Unrelated to the music: What the hell were they wearing? For a guy that doesn't look like he has done anything athletic in decades...why was Hanneman wearing baseball catcher's pads? coupled with a gigantic (even on him) shirt, and his leather pants going WAY south near the end of the set. King was pretty much his normal-dressed up at the heavy metal store-self. 5-6 chains hanging from his waist (seems to get another set every few years) and some cactus gone wild thing on his left arm! Seriously guys, do we still have to wear costumes to play metal? Leave that to Gwar and Behemoth!

4) Metallica. AWESOME show!!! Great showmanship, and great sound. I hate to admit it, but Hammet's rhythm tone STOMPED James'. Trujillo was in a class by himself as far as bass playing goes. Lars...well, he may not be the best drummer on the planet, but sure as hell tries!!! That little sucker gives it all he has! Hammet WAS kind of a disappointment, lots of misses and mistakes, but made up for most of them with the last 2 solos. James VOICE was the best I have heard in years! A lot more dirt than he had been using! (YYEEaaaahhYYYaa). His tone sucked ass,(EDIT: His DIRTY tone sucked ass...his cleans were great) but his playing was tops!

The all band jam was to die for!!!! If you ever wondered if having another guitar in the band wouldn't sound good, you MUST hear this...it was EPIC! Hetfield, Hammet, Mustaine, Broderick, Ian, and all the rest! I can now die a happy man LOL!

Of course, Metallica, being the headliner, got a bit more show in...lots of fireworks, and pyro, but the crowd went absolutely NUTS for them.
The show could have been called Metallica and the other big 3 LOL.
After seeing this, I for the life of me can't understand why Megadeth isn't the last band before Metallica. They were the "best of the rest" by far.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
I agree pretty much with everything you said. The sound at the theater I went to was nice and loud! To much high end however, making some of the solos (especially kirk and slayers) very earsplitting and cringe worthy. I was REALLY hoping that the bands would all get more balanced set times, but what can you do. I thought 'tallica was given to much spot light. I was very impressed with Mustaines lead work, he has really gotten his playing together and nailed his solos.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
LOL i completely agree with you! When they were playing Am I Evil together, I noticed they were each singing parts, but when Mustaine sang, WOW it was amazing
I also watched it it the theaters. It was an amazing experience to say the least. There were even two dudes trying to starts some kind of mosh. And I also wanted to take this time to say "**** YOU" to all of the douchebags on this website that got my other thread about this event closed. ****in assholes.
Quote by Black Ox
I also watched it it the theaters. It was an amazing experience to say the least. There were even two dudes trying to starts some kind of mosh. And I also wanted to take this time to say "**** YOU" to all of the douchebags on this website that got my other thread about this event closed. ****in assholes.