I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint which mixers &studio monitors I should by.

I'll use them for homerecording (near field). They should have some quality, so not complete crap.
The mixer should have at least 16 channels, firewire, built in pre-amps, and phantom power.

Budget: 0-800€

Thanks
dont get a mixer. just get an interface. you'll want all of those channels going into your computer separately so you can tweak and mix them later. you can get 8 channel interfaces that are expandable with extra preamps. there's no need to pay the extra money for it to have all of a mixer's features because you'd have to write all your settings down to save it. you'll be better off mixing in the box (it's great once you get used to it)

for monitors, if you can afford them, Yamaha's HS80M's are killer. if those are too much, try some KRK's. get the largest size you can so they're more accurately reproduce the low end.
Quote by sandyman323
for monitors, if you can afford them, Yamaha's HS80M's are killer. if those are too much, try some KRK's. get the largest size you can so they're more accurately reproduce the low end.

You don't necessarily want big speakers, it depends on the room/treatment to the room. If in a small room, the bass frequencies will just become muddy, and mess up your mix.

I think you may be asking too much for your budget. Look for an 8 channel firewire interface with ADAT, this will allow you to expand when necessary. What do you need 16 inputs for anyway?

As for monitors, KRK's are generally seen as very good. I use M-Audio BX-5a's at the moment, not the best, but what I could afford.