What do you guys think about it? Huh? I looked at a sound demo, and it sounds alright.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I owned one for a couple years. I never could get the right sound that I wanted out of it so I ended up trading it and my Dime wah for a Morley power wah a few weeks ago.
unmodded BOSS distortion pedal

good

Choose one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^

You don't have an amp though TS? I'd get an amp first, and maybe another guitar.

Metalcore and Metalzone are really meh. I use a MetalZone sometimes at my buddies house, and I have to say it definitely did NOT make the FM212 sound any better
The Boss Metal Pile of Crap... Ermmm... Core is a pretty mediocre pedal. I'd steer clear of it if I was you - much better pedals out there, and ones that you can find just as cheap if you're willing to buy used.
Quote by justinbob33
i think Keeley pedals makes one but i dont remember

I despise Robert Keeley. Although his modded pedals do sound different from the stock ones, he changes out parts that really don't affect your tone and charges you for them.
not worth the money to buy or to mod
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
If you like the sound of it, buy it. It's your tone, other peoples opinions really shouldn't matter.

....That being said, I've tried the pedal, and I didn't like it, so I wouldn't advise to get it.
Try it out, see what you think. To me it was very "meh".

If you don't have an amp yet, though, you should definitely get one before you invest in pedals.
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?
Look at a Electro Harmonix Metal Muff or a Digitech Hardwire TL2. The Muff's pretty different, but the TL2 goes in the same general direction as the MetalCore/MetalZone, except you can dial out the suck.
It works pretty alright as a standalone boost, or if plan on double boosting with it, it's really not that bad. On it's own, as a distortion pedal, it's not the worst thing BOSS has ever produced. It's very thin, hollow, and loose sounding though. If you're paying list price for it, think twice about that purchase
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Pretty subpar if you ask me. The Metalzone is a little bit better, but not by much. I would say if your looking for an overdrive/distortion, look somewhere other than Boss. Boss makes some good pedals, but they're overdrives just aren't up to par.

Take a look at the EHX Metal Muff instead.
I have am Electro-Harmonix metal muff with top boost on it and i run it thru a Fender silverface 20 watt deluxe reverb. I like the crunch but the highs are kinda iffy sometimes.. You really have to tweak it a bit.

I have an extremely sub par recording method (mp3 player mic lol) but it gets the job done decently. If you want me to I'll record some of the music you like (you'll have to tell me what that is exactly) with this pedal.