Page 1 of 2
So my friend's uncle used to live in Norway in the early 90s, when the whole Norwegian Black metal thing was starting to get big, and his uncle had all these black metal cds. His uncle died, and gave them to my friend.

Well, my friend doesn't like Burzum. I've been listening to Burzum's music online for a long time now(can't find any of the cds anywhere, and i don't like to download music illegally :P) and he was going to sell them, so I said i'd buy all of them for ten bucks.

So Yay, I just got every Burzum cd for $10 lol. Well, maybe not every, i'm sure there's EPs and stuff that which I don't have lol

I got Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar, Filosofem, Hildskjalf, Det Som Engang Var, and Daudi Baldrs. I have yet to buy his newest album(it's called Belso I think) but I'll find it eventually.

So yeaahhh

any deals like this happen to anyone recently? MAybe not for black metal, but just music in general...
dude if you have first run Burzum CDs you have some valuable shit, they go for quite a bit
i am the moonstar
I am your uncle
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Idk if they're first pressings :P But he got them in the 90s(idk when in the 90s nor do I know if he got them from Varg himself, or if he bought them at a store or something.) I just know he went to a lot of black metal shows back then before black metal became retarded, lol.
I'll buy them off you for £20.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nirvana00125
Idk if they're first pressings :P But he got them in the 90s(idk when in the 90s nor do I know if he got them from Varg himself, or if he bought them at a store or something.) I just know he went to a lot of black metal shows back then before black metal became retarded, lol.

O\ /O

_______
Quote by Nirvana00125

does your hvis lyset tar oss have this on the disc?

i am the moonstar
Quote by Cambyses
uhhh

are they first pressings?
This. Well, if this uncle got them when that shit was starting they could very well be, so this kid just might be pretty darn lucky.

SO YEAH: ARE THEY FIRST PRESSINGS GODDAMNIT!??
Nah, it's Betelgeuse.

Varg is a huge Douglas Adams fan.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nirvana00125
So my friend's uncle used to live in Norway in the early 90s, when the whole Norwegian Black metal thing was starting to get big, and his uncle had all these black metal cds. His uncle died, and gave them to my friend.

Well, my friend doesn't like Burzum. I've been listening to Burzum's music online for a long time now(can't find any of the cds anywhere, and i don't like to download music illegally :P) and he was going to sell them, so I said i'd buy all of them for ten bucks.

So Yay, I just got every Burzum cd for $10 lol. Well, maybe not every, i'm sure there's EPs and stuff that which I don't have lol

I got Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar, Filosofem, Hildskjalf, Det Som Engang Var, and Daudi Baldrs. I have yet to buy his newest album(it's called Belso I think) but I'll find it eventually.

So yeaahhh

any deals like this happen to anyone recently? MAybe not for black metal, but just music in general...

Very nice haul mate. Well wear! Hold on to them.

Can this be a metal bargains thread then? Oooh go on please!

A few off the top of my head, not very recent at all though:

Hellwitch - Nosferatu 7'' with shipping, about €7
Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit caroline/peaceville press £3
Death - Leprosy (Combat/under one flag) €8
Argentum - Ad Interitum Funebrarum €11 off the 'bay
Infester - To The Depths...In Degradation $8

And not rare in any respect, but got Danzig III off an ex for free because she thought it was shite haha.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Getting Deicide & Legion on vinyl for £3 each is probably my greatest bargain.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You bastard....
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by eazy-c
Nah, it's Betelgeuse.

Varg is a huge Douglas Adams fan.

, say it three times and Varg will show up in front of you. It`s Belus, btw. It was supposed to be "The White God", but antifa retards made so much stem about it that the man just changed languages. Those cds just may be first editions, very nice. Your friend is mentally retarded btw.
Last edited by SeriousMan at Jun 23, 2010,
Getting Illusions by Sadus on vinyl for $15AU in a random anqiue shop or Hobbs' Angel of Death's first album signed on vinyl for $20AU would be my best bargains so far.

Hold on to those Burzum CD's!
Last edited by Ziggy V at Jun 23, 2010,
Getting first pressing CD's of Death - Individual Thought Patterns and Machine Head - The More Things Change for 15 € is prob the best bargain I've ever gotten.
Got an original of Sabbath's Headless Cross, which i think is out of print now for like £2.50. CEX have no idea how much some things are worth.
^ Good old Sabbath LPs. I see people pay 20 beans for them, then find them at car boot sales and shit for about a 5er! Although Ive never seen one of Headless Cross. Cool.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
My copies of Paranoid and Heaven & Hell were pretty cheap, around the £2-3 mark. It's amazing the things you pick up in bargain basements. I got a copy of Killers for a fiver too, which just may be a first pressing, I'll have to check.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Theres a copy going on amazon for 80 quid. Jeez.

I tend to check those kinda places often, you'll get some good stuff turn up. Though i'm never expecting to see anything too obscure really.
Even if I dont find music, theres always good stuff knocking around for about 9 cent. Crazy old-timey science books and the likes.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Is this now the "Charity Shoppers Anonymous" thread?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Worst buy i ever got was Octopus on dvd for 50p. I expected it to be abysmal, but nothing could prepare me for the abortion that was that film.
Quote by eazy-c
Is this now the "Charity Shoppers Anonymous" thread?

More like Charity Shoppers and proud!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I have a reissue of Symbolic on vinyl, it's probably not rare at all - in fact I would like to sell it because I never listen to it.

I also have a couple promo cds: Evile - enter the grave, Vintersorg - forget the name, Hacavitz - forget the name. They were all on sale for like $10 at the independent record store..which is funny, because it clearly says on the case: "not for sale - promotional purposes only."
this one time I got a bunch of amazing music online for free, god it was such a sweet deal!
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Naw dude you gotta find your own hook.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I got Rigor Mortis-Freaks, Slayer's Hell Awaits, some sacred reich, testament, and other metal tapes at a thrift shop for like $5.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I still can't believe I got the original press of Running Wild's 'Under Jolly Roger' for $12. I see them going on eBay for EASILY $50 and up!
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by technicolour
I have a reissue of Symbolic on vinyl, it's probably not rare at all - in fact I would like to sell it because I never listen to it.

I also have a couple promo cds: Evile - enter the grave, Vintersorg - forget the name, Hacavitz - forget the name. They were all on sale for like $10 at the independent record store..which is funny, because it clearly says on the case: "not for sale - promotional purposes only."

I will never pay more than €3 for a promo cd, considering its free for whoevers selling it...they really shouldnt be selling them in the first place. Id say trade that Symbolic LP for something tasty.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I have a Temnozor' tape of their first album that I got for around $40. Considering what it is, I think I got a pretty decent deal, it's one of the first Stellar Winter prints of it.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss vinyl for around $15.

Too lazy to think of any more at this hour, but there are a bunch of other things that I got that cost me almost next to nothing, considering what they were

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Original Pressing of Piece of Mind, and a The Trooper Statue for $30 canadian with shipping.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Stranglehold
I will never pay more than €3 for a promo cd, considering its free for whoevers selling it...they really shouldnt be selling them in the first place. Id say trade that Symbolic LP for something tasty.

I'm probably going to trade it in for a Portal cd
Page 1 of 2