Hey guys. I just got into playing slide, and I was wondering if you guys can recommend me some songs in open D. Thanks in advance.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Screw it just play METAL in drop B! \m/
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Alright thanks guys. I'll try out those suggestions in a bit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Ain't No Easy Way by BRMC is in open d, capo'd at 1st fret tho. The tabs on UG are wrong, close but wrong.
Writing own material in different tunings, always gives weird results. Maybe you should play around with it for a while after you get used to the tuning.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
Writing own material in different tunings, always gives weird results. Maybe you should play around with it for a while after you get used to the tuning.

I know that's why for the past year or so I've used non-standard tunings almost exclusively. So this is appreciated alot. Thanks again everyone.
Quote by L2112Lif
Note... If you're playing slide in an open tuning, and singing, it's much more important that you're playing in a key you are comfortable singing in.
I use open "G" myself, but the cool thing about open tunings and using the slide is that to a large extent it doesn't matter.
The licks and riffs sound pretty much the same in G or D or E, so long as you use the same intervals for the open tuning.

For instance, my current resonator (cigar box-4-string) is tuned DGBD for an open G. If I wanted to play in open A, All I'd have to do is tune all the strings up a step and I'd have open A and could play exactly the same riffs and figures....
Crossroads by Robert Johnson?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
rock and roll hoochie koo by johnny winter
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.