Any one spot the pedals in this image (the singer from Wolves in Throne Room). Think I see an MT2 and DD3 there. Any ideas on others?

The blue one looks a bit like a BOSS Super Shifter, the white one to the left (His right) looks like a BOSS Tuner, the one the other side does indeed look like a Metal Zone.

The big expression pedal looks familiar but I'm not really sure what exactly it is. Can't see the one he's fiddling with too well but from the colour it looks a bit like a BOSS Reverb (That's just a guess though really).

That was fun. Got any more?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
the expression pedal is a ernie ball volume pedal
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Boss ME-70
Martin DC-1E
Peavey Classic 30
Greer Amps Relic Drive

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

Drown out the noise...
... KILL DURDEN!
Thanks, that's helpful. Super Shifter - interesting. I hadn't heard any harmony type passages in their music. Boss Reverb - nice.

No more pedal quizzes, but if you have any ideas on his pickups, be my guest.

Quote by GNR4EVER
The blue one looks a bit like a BOSS Super Shifter, the white one to the left (His right) looks like a BOSS Tuner, the one the other side does indeed look like a Metal Zone.

The big expression pedal looks familiar but I'm not really sure what exactly it is. Can't see the one he's fiddling with too well but from the colour it looks a bit like a BOSS Reverb (That's just a guess though really).

That was fun. Got any more?
Quote by Nostoi
Thanks, that's helpful. Super Shifter - interesting. I hadn't heard any harmony type passages in their music. Boss Reverb - nice.

Dimarzio X2N's!

Wooo! I like this game

Quote by shwilly
It's not a Metal Core. Those don't have combined middle knobs. A Metal Zone would be more logical, but from the looks of it the letters are white, so I'm not sure what kind of model it is. It definetnly looks like a Boss

The raised 'BOSS' lettering on the rubber pad looks like it has some sorta dust on it or something making it look white. It's hard to see the actual lettering but it looks like Metal Zone orange to me.

As to why he's using a Metal Zone that's another question. I did read an interview with Andy Sneap before where he suggested using one in a similar way to a tube screamer (In front of a distorted amp with the pedal gain low and level high) to tighten up your sound. In that pic it looks like he has the gain and level both quite high.
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 23, 2010,
Good going. If you're able to extract the settings from his MT2, that would mean you go through to the next round.

Quote by GNR4EVER
Dimarzio X2N's!

Wooo! I like this game
pups could be dimarzio X2Ns or D Activator Xs
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Boss ME-70
Martin DC-1E
Peavey Classic 30
Greer Amps Relic Drive

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

Drown out the noise...
... KILL DURDEN!
Quote by Nostoi

It's not a PS-5, those have those double knobs on the outer two knobs
I use an MT2, and find it's basically a good pedal if you lower the gain, cut off the bass and treble, and up the mids. It can be very grating if not used in a balanced way. Reverb and delay certain ease the dryness of the pedal.

Quote by GNR4EVER
Dimarzio X2N's!

Wooo! I like this game

The raised 'BOSS' lettering on the rubber pad looks like it has some sorta dust on it or something making it look white. It's hard to see the actual lettering but it looks like Metal Zone orange to me.

As to why he's using a Metal Zone that's another question. I did read an interview with Andy Sneap before where he suggested using one in a similar way to a tube screamer (In front of a distorted amp with the pedal gain low and level high) to tighten up your sound. In that pic it looks like he has the gain and level both quite high.
Compressor more likely at any rate.

Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by Nostoi
Good going. If you're able to extract the settings from his MT2, that would mean you go through to the next round.

Looks like level around 8, Low around 7, can't really see high or middle but they both look quite high (Though I highly recommend not turning an MT-2's high past 6 or 7), can't really see Mid Freq at all and Dist looks around 5.5 or 6

With the level that high and dist that low I'd imagine he's using it as a boost of some sort. Maybe just trying to keep the level and dist relatively neutral and use the EQ somehow.

Quote by WtrPlyr

Quote by nightraven
it's a ps-3

Ah that's probably right, the colour threw me.
Nevermind my previous posts, these are my final guesses:

From left to right:

Boss TU-3
Boss CS-3
Boss MT-2
Ernie Ball Stereo 25K Ohm Volume
Boss ML-2

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A metal core and metal zone? Not sure about that.

Quote by shwilly

From left to right:

Boss TU-3
Boss CS-3
Boss MT-2
Ernie Ball Stereo 25K Ohm Volume
Boss ML-2
Quote by Nostoi
And the quiz continues. Here's guitarist number two from same band. Looks like another MT2. What's that on left - Marshall pedal?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28972004@N03/2756342422/sizes/o/

Definitely a Marshall. Looks like a Guv'nor from the colour of the knobs.

EDIT: Blue one looks like a Digitech Digiverb. Also diggn' the candles
Quote by shwilly

From left to right:

Boss CS-3

http://www.mxmsound.com/Pix/effect%20for%20guitar-bass/BOSS-CS-3-main.jpg

Its left to right:
Boss TU- 2 or 3
Boss PS-3
Boss MT-2
Ernie Ball Volume pedal
Boss RV-3
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by Nostoi
And the quiz continues. Here's guitarist number two from same band. Looks like another MT2. What's that on left - Marshall pedal?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28972004@N03/2756342422/sizes/o/

Left to right:

Guv'nor, Metal Zone, Digiverb and a Fender tuner.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
and idea what the hell that light thing taped to his guitar is? those things are awesome
Last edited by sheriff_nein at Jan 3, 2011,
He's using a vintage Ibanez DT series guitar in that photo. Note the little hump at the butt end of the body and that classic Ibanez volume knob. I'd say he must be using the original stock Ibanez V5 blade pickups.
Last edited by cakeypower at Oct 6, 2010,