I used the searchbar, and I couldn't find anything. So I'm sure I'm not the only fan on here.
I guess to make this more like an official thread I should list his albums, and which ones I would recommend for first time listeners.

Solo
The winding sheet(If you want to get into Mark then this is a must have. This album has some kick-ass collaborations with Kurt Cobain, and Krist Noveselich(Spelling?)
Whiskey for the holy ghost(Quite a few of his fans consider this to be his masterpiece, and for a good reason. This is by far my favorite album by him)
Scraps at midnight
I'll take care of you
Field songs
Bubblegum(Another cool album with alot of collaborations. Some of the artists that make appearances are Josh Homme, PJ Harvey, Greg Dulli, and others.)
There's also the EP titled Here comes that weird chill which is a good listen, but it was basically a demo for bubblegum. It still has some cool songs that didn't make it onto the Bubblegum album such as skeletal history.

I would like to add that the ones I describe in the parenthesis are what I consider to be the must have albums. They're all good, but those are his best works.

Screaming Trees
Clairvoyance
Even if and especially when
Invisible lantern
Buzz factory
Uncle anesthesia
Sweet oblivion(This is the most recognized of all of their albums. I would recommend this as a place to start.)
Dust(This album has some of their best songwriting IMO. This is another great album by them)

With Isobel Campbell
Ballad of the broken seas(this is an amazing album. has a country feel to it, and some great songwriting. Also a kick ass cover of 'Ramblin man'.
Sunday at devil dirt
Hawk(This hasn't been released yet, but once it is I'll write down what I think if I feel it stands out enough to be talked about.

Gutter twins
Saturnalia(This is a kick ass album all the way through. The best way I can describe it is a bluesy gothic rock album. This is hard to find so I would recommend looking it up on youtube.)

I didn't list any of his work with Queens of the stone age, UNKLE, Mad season or anything else because they all only did a few songs with him.

So That's everything. I hope you guys turn this into a good discussion.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Lanegan is great, don't have a lot to say but i've enjoyed everything i've heard he's done. Slowly wading through his solo stuff, love bubblegum, have you heard the tracks he's done with a band called "creature with the atom brain" ? really good stuff
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Quote by qotsakyuss
Lanegan is great, don't have a lot to say but i've enjoyed everything i've heard he's done. Slowly wading through his solo stuff, love bubblegum, have you heard the tracks he's done with a band called "creature with the atom brain" ? really good stuff

No I haven't. I'm waiting for the new album he's doing with Isobel Campbell, but I have to wait until August.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
cool, well i urge you to check that band out, one of the tracks he sings on is on their myspace page, chris goss produced the album too, to me their like the doors meets qotsa, got a bit of groove but their really moody and brooding so his voice fits them like a glove. Bubblegum is probably my fave album of his solo stuff
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
I'm seeing him live in a week, can't wait.

Although I enjoy his solo stuff the most, his collaborations have been both numerous and memorable. My favourite of these is the stuff he did with Soulsavers. I haven't actually heard any of their other stuff but it almost sounds to me like they tailored their sound for him, especially on Broken. And that's cool because I'd rather hear a Mark Lanegan influenced Soulsavers album than vice versa.

Number Nine by The Twilight Singers is amazing.

I've never gotten into Screaming Trees much because they were slightly before my time but I still enjoy giving their greatest hits a spin every once in a while.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by soapalot
I'm seeing him live in a week, can't wait.

Although I enjoy his solo stuff the most, his collaborations have been both numerous and memorable. My favourite of these is the stuff he did with Soulsavers. I haven't actually heard any of their other stuff but it almost sounds to me like they tailored their sound for him, especially on Broken. And that's cool because I'd rather hear a Mark Lanegan influenced Soulsavers album than vice versa.

Number Nine by The Twilight Singers is amazing.

I've never gotten into Screaming Trees much because they were slightly before my time but I still enjoy giving their greatest hits a spin every once in a while.

I don't like Screaming Trees as much as his solo stuff. Also it would be pretty hard for him to make himself fit another band because he's just to unique for that. My favorite collaboration is the ballad of the broken seas with Isobel Campbell.
I do enjoy his work with the soulsavers though.
Quote by L2112Lif
Well his solo show the other night was pretty good. He ran through the songs pretty quickly and was only on stage for about 70 minutes but it was good set. It had a nice mix of songs from his career although Number Nine was sorely missed, and I thought he might do Flashback from the Stitch in Time EP seeing as its a NZ band cover. One Hundred Days, Traveller and Hanging Tree were probably the highlights.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by soapalot
Well his solo show the other night was pretty good. He ran through the songs pretty quickly and was only on stage for about 70 minutes but it was good set. It had a nice mix of songs from his career although Number Nine was sorely missed, and I thought he might do Flashback from the Stitch in Time EP seeing as its a NZ band cover. One Hundred Days, Traveller and Hanging Tree were probably the highlights.

I heard him doing Hanging tree on youtube. I was impressed. I thought that it sounded just as good as the original.
I'm hoping he passes through Chicago soon so I can see him.
Quote by L2112Lif
I hear he's working on a new solo album with Alain Johannes. It should be quality.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
I have to find my copy of Uncle Anesthesia. His stuff with QOTSA is great, since while they're a lot "heavier" than the other stuff he does, it still manages to capture his essence of his voice very well, from "In The Fade" to "God is in the Radio". I need more of him, i just can't find any of it
Yeah his stuff is hard to find, at least where I live. I paid twenty eight US dollars for my copy of Bubblegum. I got Whiskey For The Holy Ghost for a lot less though.

You can buy all his solo albums except Bubblegum from his merch store for ten bucks each.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Last edited by soapalot at Feb 16, 2011,