Hi guys, I've just set up a Myspace for my band. Although the recordings aren't our best songs they're a good glimpse of what we're about. Please check us out and please give me some much needed feedback

Thanks, Li :P

http://www.myspace.com/thesignalseu

We are called The Signals, we're a garage-punk band from Somerset, UK.
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
The sound is a little thin but that could just be the recording. I definitely think the first song is the better of the two. Also, I think you may be a little more grunge than punk - at least based on what I heard, maybe not in other songs though. Think about maybe putting a little more energy into the song for a chorus or two (more driving vocals, maybe an increase in tempo) - it would serve to really engage the audience. Nirvana employed that type of thing with great success.
Quote by jfreyvogel
The sound is a little thin but that could just be the recording. I definitely think the first song is the better of the two. Also, I think you may be a little more grunge than punk - at least based on what I heard, maybe not in other songs though. Think about maybe putting a little more energy into the song for a chorus or two (more driving vocals, maybe an increase in tempo) - it would serve to really engage the audience. Nirvana employed that type of thing with great success.

Yeah, these recordings are very old. We are pretty much exactly what you said to do now and all of our new songs are like indie and punk with really funky basslines and high energy vocals. Our next gig is on Tuesday, hoping it to be recorded
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
i really like it. a few pointers coming from both a listener and someone who plays in a punk band, increasing the tempo, using a distortion pedal and/or a wa-wa pedal occasionally would make it a little easier to listen to. and honestly, because of the nature of the songs you're playing, i'm sure you've heard this alot but a second guitarist could really fill out your sound and stop it from sounding so dreadfully thin. all in all though, despite my constructive criticism, i really like the songs, i think you definitely have a future with this band. and one question: what guitar did you use on too goth to be punk? i like the sound. reminds me of the wombats or the clash.
I don't know why but there is something slightly narcissistic about this thread's title.
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy
i really like it. a few pointers coming from both a listener and someone who plays in a punk band, increasing the tempo, using a distortion pedal and/or a wa-wa pedal occasionally would make it a little easier to listen to. and honestly, because of the nature of the songs you're playing, i'm sure you've heard this alot but a second guitarist could really fill out your sound and stop it from sounding so dreadfully thin. all in all though, despite my constructive criticism, i really like the songs, i think you definitely have a future with this band. and one question: what guitar did you use on too goth to be punk? i like the sound. reminds me of the wombats or the clash.

a fender 50s stratocaster. and like i said before, these recordings are very old i'm currently running a boss ds-1 at full gain so it has a very kurt cobain sound a bout it. also, we've updated the songs a bit so they are really thick in textures.

thanks for the critique, much appreciated you guys got a myspace? would love to hear it thanks
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
we dont have a myspace up yet, as we're just getting started. well, the drummer and i have been playing for a while, but it's just recently that we've found the other members, and we've yet to have our first gig :/ but we're going to get some this summer, so it's all good. when we do get a myspace ill be sure to post it on UG, so just keep your eyes peeled and your ears clean. best of luck with the signals, i'll be sure to check for new recordings and whatnot. getting signed shouldnt be much of a problem for you, in my opinion. rock and roll.
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy
we dont have a myspace up yet, as we're just getting started. well, the drummer and i have been playing for a while, but it's just recently that we've found the other members, and we've yet to have our first gig :/ but we're going to get some this summer, so it's all good. when we do get a myspace ill be sure to post it on UG, so just keep your eyes peeled and your ears clean. best of luck with the signals, i'll be sure to check for new recordings and whatnot. getting signed shouldnt be much of a problem for you, in my opinion. rock and roll.

you really think so? thats really lifted my spirits . we've been together for about three weeks now, but we did the recordings about a year ago when me and the drummer used to jam a bit. and i seriously can't wait to hear you guys make sure we become friends on myspace so we can both help each other. and we'll have a new (well... old lol) track up tomorrow. we need some new recordings XD but i'm hoping that someone will record our set on tuesday so i can show everyone what the new sound sounds like. its pretty much ... **** it, lets just go ape shit and have a laugh lol
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Just a little update; We've had the lead singer/guitarist from the amazing British band, The Subways check us out
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
Just a little update; We've had the lead singer/guitarist from the amazing British band, The Subways check us out

really? that's brilliant! oh btw we just became friends haha
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy
really? that's brilliant! oh btw we just became friends haha

yeh... i asked him over twitter... just for the hell of it. and he sent me a comment ... i think i jizzed myself lol. and ah, thats who it was
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
yeh... i asked him over twitter... just for the hell of it. and he sent me a comment ... i think i jizzed myself lol. and ah, thats who it was [/QUOTE

ahaha lucky. what's next, steve jones giving you a ring? before you know it actually haha
Quote by GangsterLi
yeh... i asked him over twitter... just for the hell of it. and he sent me a comment ... i think i jizzed myself lol. and ah, thats who it was [/QUOTE

ahaha lucky. what's next, steve jones giving you a ring? before you know it actually haha

If only... If Steve Jones gave me a ring, I could die now a happy man!
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy