Opinions on the English Muff'n? I heard quite a few times that is essentially a Marshall in a pedal. Would you say it is worth the $200 price tag?
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
I have one and it's always on my pedalboard along with my Big Muff. I wouldn't say it's worth $200 because I've never paid $200 for a pedal. But you can find them much cheaper. $100 for a used one is pretty common.

Search Guitar Center used section for English and you'll see they have about 4 at or under $100. I picked up one from CL for $70, sold it for $100, got to wanting one back, and repurchased another for $100.
Quote by fly135
I have one and it's always on my pedalboard along with my Big Muff. I wouldn't say it's worth $200 because I've never paid $200 for a pedal. But you can find them much cheaper. $100 for a used one is pretty common.

Search Guitar Center used section for English and you'll see they have about 4 at or under $100. I picked up one from CL for $70, sold it for $100, got to wanting one back, and repurchased another for $100.

What sort of tones can you pull off with it? I've watched some examples online but YouTube quality is awful.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
I suppose you could call it a Marshall in a pedal, but you could say that about a lot of pedals. And your amp makes a big difference in the tone.

It has a pretty good range of gain and the EQ controls are very effective. More so than say a Bad Monkey, which also has Bass and Treble. It's not grainy or fizzy and is able to maintain a lot of brightness (if dialed that way) while not being grainy.