Right now my brain is playing games with me while I decide between the Peavey Classic 30, Fender Blues Jr or the Blackstar HT-5...but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the mini stack?

Assuming I bought the Blackstar, would I be better off paying more money for a 1x12 (or maybe a 2x12) cab or getting the mini stack? The mini stack is composed of the head and two cabs with 10-inch Celestion speakers. It looks cool, too.

So which would be better? a 1x12, a 2x12, or the mini stack?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
i'd say the mini stack.. .the quality of all the BS amps are bloody amazing imo.. i tried the HT Stage 60 Combo and S1-100 Head yesterday and .. WOW.. seriously..
HT-5 is probably a mini version of that so ... i dunno im a bit biased atm but i vote HT-5 :P
Metallica
Pantera
Slayer
A7X
Lamb of God
All That Remains
BLS
Ozzy Osbourne

GEAR
OLP John Petrucci Signature
Blackstar HT-DistX
Peavey Vypyr 30W
Marshall MS-2C
Go for a 12" cab. I use a 2x12 with mine.

IMO, I'd rather have the Fender Super Super Champ XD. I recently put my HT-5 head on craigslist and started using my SCXD with my 2x12 cab and run my pedal board into it. The SCXD is an awesome amp with or without a pedalboard. Plus you get 15 watts of 6V6 tube tone instead of 5.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 23, 2010,
Quote by fly135
Go for a 12" cab. I use a 2x12 with mine.
Got any good-but-cheap suggestions for a 2x12 cab?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Ayses
Got any good-but-cheap suggestions for a 2x12 cab?

Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
ok
what would you be playing?
do you gig? or bedroom playing?
and where are you from?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
ok
what would you be playing?
do you gig? or bedroom playing?
and where are you from?

I play, literally, everything. I enjoy all music. Metal and country are my least played genres. I stick around the funk rock/grunge area the most.

I don't gig YET, but I wouldn't expect to use the Blackstar for gigging. This would be my permanent bedroom amp.

I live in the US.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
the mini stack should be worth it, as its the easiest to transport and will sound a bit more punchy than the combo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
id say either the HT5 head with a 2x12 + a TS or maybe a boost of somekind for metal. or id get the classic 30 with a boost type thing
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The problem with the Blackstar stack is that when you have a single 10" speaker sitting so close to a floor you end up with a lot of noise just hitting the floor and either sounding dead or not being heard. With a different cab you can pick something that angles the speakers up or just set it on a stand.