Evening good people of GB&C,

Basically, I've got a JEM project ('build' and pics at a later date )
I'm putting a Gotoh LFR on it (purchased through Skeet UK for discount, see sig)
The body I have is drilled for standard sized Floyd posts wheras Gotoh's are slightly larger, can anyone link me some (reasonably priced) posts that will work well with the Gotoh floyd?

thanks
It came with posts did it not?

Got a drill?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Don't swap the Gotoh's posts! It's one of its prime advantages since they're the locking type. Just drill the holes bigger like Skeet says.
Quote by Bigsteve92
Got a drill but don't I need a pillar drill for floyd posts?

The holes are already there.

If you go one size at a time, you can't go too far wrong.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Bigsteve92
So will the holes already in the body make the drill stay straight?

How much bigger are we talking?

And yes, sort of. You will still need to be careful, but not as careful.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Bigsteve92
probably a couple of millimetres at most

Measure what you have in the body right now, say it's 8mm. Drill out one size up, then the next size up.

Remember that there are grooves on the outside, that cut into the wood, so drill slightly under sized. Look at the bottom and offer up a drill to see which is as wide as the part before the grooves.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
^ that's called the minor diameter of the post, for future reference. The whole thing, including the "threads/grooves" makes up the major diameter. This hold true with screws as well. So, you drill a pilot hole the size of the minor diameter, so that the threads can then grab a strong hold of the material, without fighting excess material, stopping splits/cracking from happening.

Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
^ that's called the minor diameter of the post, for future reference. The whole thing, including the "threads/grooves" makes up the major diameter. This hold true with screws as well. So, you drill a pilot hole the size of the minor diameter, so that the threads can then grab a strong hold of the material, without fighting excess material, stopping splits/cracking from happening.

Well said Sir. I knew, put I couldn't remember my major and minor
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani